Upgrading vehicles

Nekuan

Question

6 answers to this question

Anyone know if there's a way to extend this beyond the current list of vehicles? I noticed that the compiles file lists "LandVehicle" but that includes almost everything. Obviously there are other files involved. 

You could look in the config files https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/SQF/dayz_code/Configs/CfgVehicles/LAND

and search for "upgradeVehicle"

That search didn't work for me, but searching for "class upgrades" I found the following vehicles with upgrade code:

Pickup_PK.hpp

UAZ.hpp

datsun.hpp

hilux.hpp

SUV.hpp

Lada.hpp

Skoda.hpp

Volha.hpp

VWGolf.hpp

Is that it?

It also appears that the upgrades result in the same stats on all vehicles except the SUV;

130 max speed (150 limited by engine max), 50 armor, 20/100/4 inventory, and 210 liter fuel tank.

And the only benefit of the SUV is that it will hold 40 more liters of fuel than the others after upgrade, or 250 instead of 210. The speed of the SUV is also upgraded to 250, but because engines are limited to 130 there's no added benefit over the other vehicles.

Now what I wonder is if the 'upgrade' to the UAZ cargo will actually downgrade it from 7 packs to 4 packs? Or will it increase it 2 more packs, like all the others, to 9 packs? Or will it simply have no effect?