Remove Modular %ITEM%

ToejaM

Nope not at all!

Just noticed its giving me the option on half cinder walls that I placed just now in a base, while tagged friendly with the owner. However I don't have the option to remove anything else at all, even half cinder walls he has just placed.. I'm still tagged as a friendly.

It does allow me to upgrade them though.

Is it possible that the version of the toolbox I'm using is now different due to either a restart or it being a newly found toolbox? A bit like the matchbox error that happened with building fires which caused my initial issue while building before?

I think its to do with being the owner of the object and being friendly to the plot pole owner as well. Which means if you die then you cannot remove the buildables which seems like a bit of an over sight for players who have access to removing the plot pole, perhaps it should all be tied to the plot pole. We always recommend players store them in a locked room inside their base.

However I'm really not sure why when i initially tried it, it did not give me the option. Maybe as I said, it didn't recognize one of the tools I had or I was use an older version of one, like with the match box issue

You have to be the owner and have not died since placement. Have a crowbar and a toolbox in your toolbelt.

Note: this only works for modular items.

"not died since placement"

Can't this limitation be removed? Admins are constantly bothered by users asking to remove walls. Specially now that you need a pole to start your base, lots of people rushing construction so they don't get the pole stolen.

"not died since placement"

Can't this limitation be removed? Admins are constantly bothered by users asking to remove walls. Specially now that you need a pole to start your base, lots of people rushing construction so they don't get the pole stolen.

You can create a SQL trigger to have ownership of modular items carried over through death:

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1723-deconstruct-buildables/?p=15348