Current state of plot poles and database scripts

Mr White

Question

Howdy,

Made another go for a server on 1.0.6.2 and already had a plot pole vanish. I am guessing this is a result of my commented out "CleanupPlacedAfterDays" setting in my hive, since I don't think I even hit the 14 day mark.

Anyways, I was wondering what I had to disable and tweak in the database to give me a true 90 day decay on base building. Meaning, if someone builds a base and then logs off, they have 90 days to maintain it before it is gone. I've tried adjusting things in the past, just intuitively, but never really had any luck. I ended up turning things off last time, and folks built a full skyway city which I hope to avoid. Another attempt, people thought they had to maintain daily and were pouring $$$ in for nothing.

Sorry for incoherence, I burned my brain today trying to figure out why I couldn't restrict towing and lifting of locked vehicles with R3F only to find that infist@r hijacks the local_lockUnlock.

1 answer to this question

5 hours ago, Mr White said:

Howdy,

Made another go for a server on 1.0.6.2 and already had a plot pole vanish. I am guessing this is a result of my commented out "CleanupPlacedAfterDays" setting in my hive, since I don't think I even hit the 14 day mark.

Anyways, I was wondering what I had to disable and tweak in the database to give me a true 90 day decay on base building. Meaning, if someone builds a base and then logs off, they have 90 days to maintain it before it is gone. I've tried adjusting things in the past, just intuitively, but never really had any luck. I ended up turning things off last time, and folks built a full skyway city which I hope to avoid. Another attempt, people thought they had to maintain daily and were pouring $$$ in for nothing.

Sorry for incoherence, I burned my brain today trying to figure out why I couldn't restrict towing and lifting of locked vehicles with R3F only to find that infist@r hijacks the local_lockUnlock.

A few years ago I read on here regarding maintenance that `CleanUpPlacedAfterDays` should be twice what https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/Server Files/SQL/add_recommended_mysql_events.sql#L98 set to (DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY))

So on my own server I have `CleanUpPlacedAfterDays` set to 28 and the SQL line set to 14 days (DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY))

It's always worked well for me.