some issues with group and dynamic missions

totis

Question

Hi Guys,

I have some issues with group not working anymore and also issues with crate items in dynamic missions.

Group doesnt work, f4 is not responding at all

Crates in missions, no errors in rpt but crates have whatever they want inside, sometimes like 400 stanag rounds or 50 m240 rounds etc. these are nowhere been defined in settings.

Anyone seen this issue?

Tnx

16 answers to this question

Tnx for the reply icomrade

Sorry f5 i was meant to write, f5 doesnt work, thought was a build in feature the group is not?

For the missions i have some custom ones, removed them and all are working.. I see the mission example in the default files but tbh it somewhat confusing cause it shows crates with 4 categories but default missions have 5?

Our old missions wouldnt work without any modifications?

The group menu feature is built-in Epoch, that's right but you have to activate it because it's deactivated by default.

// Group System
dayz_groupSystem = false; // Enable group system
dayz_markGroup = 1; // Players can see their group members on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markSelf = 0; // Players can see their own position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_markBody = 0; // Players can see their corpse position on the map 0=never, 1=always, 2=With GPS only
dayz_requireRadio = false; // Require players to have a radio on their toolbelt to create a group, be in a group and receive invites.

Take a look in your configVariables to do that.

5 minutes ago, totis said:

ah i see.

like add this:

dayz_groupSystem = true;

in init.sqf?

Any option from the configVariables can be changed within the file itself but many people copy the option they want to change to the init. If you want to put it into your init.sqf it has to be BELOW the #include of the configVariable.sqf. Otherwise the variable won't be overwritten.

21 minutes ago, totis said:

Tnx for the reply icomrade

Sorry f5 i was meant to write, f5 doesnt work, thought was a build in feature the group is not?

For the missions i have some custom ones, removed them and all are working.. I see the mission example in the default files but tbh it somewhat confusing cause it shows crates with 4 categories but default missions have 5?

Our old missions wouldnt work without any modifications?

If you have custom missions, then they need to be updated to the new crate format. Each should have this line.

[_crate,8,5,15,3,2] call dynamic_crate;

Those numbers are: weapons, tools, items, pistols, backpacks.

If you have a vehicle in the mission and want the key to spawn in the crate then you need this line

[_crate,8,5,15,3,2,_vehicle] call dynamic_crate;

7 minutes ago, totis said:

ok

So if i want the key in crate i edit accordingly?

like:  (_crate,2,5,15,2,2_crate) call dynamic_crate; ??

[_crate,8,5,15,3,2,_vehicle] call dynamic_crate;

Yes, if you have multiple vehicles, then send them as an array like

[_crate,8,5,15,3,2,[_vehicle1,_vehicle2,_vehicle3] call dynamic_crate;

5 minutes ago, totis said:

[_crate] call wai_crate_setup;

crate setup? hmm that in the mission itself?

Yes, like this

//Setup the crate
	_crate_type 	= crates_medium call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_crate 			= createVehicle [_crate_type,[(_position select 0) + 0.3,(_position select 1),0],[],0,"CAN_COLLIDE"];
	[_crate] call wai_crate_setup;