Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

Hey guys, im trying to put some building loot into the missions...but its not spawning.

See below my mission config:

// Number of items to spawn in ammo boxes 
wai_mission_numberofitems = 34;
// classnames of items to spawn in ammo boxes (only type magazine will work here)
ammo_box_items =[
"ItemBandage",
"ItemSodaCoke",
"ItemPole",
"ItemGenerator",
"ItemSandbagLarge",
"Skin_Camo1_DZ",
"metal_panel_kit",
"PartWoodPlywood",
"CinderBlocks",
"Land_HBarrier1_DZ",
"ItemMorphine",
"ItemTentOld",
"ItemWire",
"ItemBurlap",
"ItemFuelBarrelEmpty",
"MortarBucket",
"PartWheel",
"PartEngine",
"PartGeneric",
"PartVRotor"
];

Followed instructions and this does not work in Epoch 1.0.4  Chernarus

It just keeps recycling in boot up and ends in black screen

Gramps

PS.  Don't feel bad it has same install as Dzai and that does same thing

So everyone else can get this and DZAI working but for some reason both do the same thing for you? You don't think maybe your messing up somewhere?

So everyone else can get this and DZAI working but for some reason both do the same thing for you? You don't think maybe your messing up somewhere?

Hi thanks for reply.  Yes I must be but don't know what.  I downloaded folder and put in server.pbo root folder.  I then opened server_monitor.sqf and added the line of script.  Repacked pbo with pbo viewer  (tried both right click pack and the paste into pbo viewer way).  

When it boots in it recyles lobby screen and then just goes to black screen.  Its not happy with the folder.  Maybe I am supposed to copy all the folders and files in the folder and paste into root directory instead of the single folder with all the files in it?

I have issues like not even knowing how to look at rpt folder so you see even though I have installed dozens of addons and mods for many months I'm still stupid

thanks in advance

so i have this working on my epoch server and i love it. but for some reason when i pick up one of the AI guns i cant shoot it. it says it has ammo and such but just wont work. i drop it and pick it up and still nothing. i log out and back in and the gun works now..... any one have this problem? is there a fix?

wow. one file. one edit. one working mission system >.< it should be named project one really. So many guides for EMS CMS and DZAI havent worked with either Dayz St or Epoch 1.0.3.1 [for me atleast] this worked straight away and very well indeed. After reading more i cant wait to start editing missions and ai spawns. thank you for giving my server another string to its bow. 5/5

Hello guys. I know that some of you want to add some heavy weapons to the bots, because they are not shooting in some armored vehicles with default weapons, so I made a little script change for you.

AI will have RPG only on missions, and only 1 person from one group will have an RPG.

1) So, first of all you need to open SpawnGroup.sqf in WAI/custom/ folder.

Find there that code:

if (count _this > 8) then {
	_mission = _this select 8;
} else {
	_mission = False;
};

and replace it with that code:

_RPG = 1;
} else {
	_mission = False;
	_RPG = -1;
};

2) find this code:

for "_i" from 1 to _mags do {_unit addMagazine _magazine;};
_unit addBackpack _aipack;	

and replace it with this code:

if ((_x == 1) && (_RPG > 0)) then {
  _unit addweapon "RPG7V"; 
  _unit addmagazine "PG7VL"; 
} else {
};

If you want to leave RPG and ammo on the deadbodies that will be enough, but if you want to remove it after bot's death, you should do this thing:

Open file ai_killed.sqf and right after this code:

private ["_unit","_player","_humanity","_banditkills"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_player = _this select 1;
_type = _this select 2;

add this:

_unit removeWeapon "RPG7V";
_unit removeMagazine "PG7VL";
_unit removeMagazine "PG7VL";

So, you've done this! Your AI will now have an RPG on the missions and you know, they really like to shoot it:)

By the way, I also tested an RPG ammo, and I can say that if you want to kill any vehicle with oneshot, you should use "PG7VR" magazines.

And if you want to give to player a chance to survive, you can use "OG7" magazines, even HMMVW can survive after this shot.

PG7VL will destroy any  Vodnik's, but if you have any heave armored vehicles (like on my server), PG7VL will destroy tracks or wheels of BMP or BTR.

Sorry for my english:)

Thank you! This works REALLY well!

Has anyone tried installing Wicked AI mission system with Server Side mod Zeus AI (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89970-Zeus-AI-Combat-Skills)?

Zeus AI also improves AI behaviour and tactics. If it's installed only server-side, no modifications to client is required. The client-side scripts are only required for a player to be able to command his AIs better. For Epoch this is not the case.

I was thinking on installing it to make Wicked AI even more challenging and using even more of the infantry tactics. Does anyone have some experience using these 2?

Hey, we are having a problem with this not being initialized on our server.  We have followed exactly and multiple experienced scripters have double-checked that the WAI directory is in the server file and the execVM line is added in the proper place in the server_monitor.sqf.

We get no log entries in the .RPT for WAI at all.

This is Panthera 1.4.1

Any ideas on why the script init would not be called at all?

Thx 4 the help, but it don't work. The ai have RPG but don't use it.

I had change the ai behivour to COMBAT. Is that the problem?

I think its a problem with the Backpack

add in the first line (SpawnGroup.sqf)

private ["_mission","_aipack","_aicskill","_position","_unitnumber","_skill","_gun","_mags","_backpack","_skin","_gear","_aiweapon","_aigear","_aiskin","_skillarray","_unitGroup","_weapon","_magazine","_weaponandmag","_gearmagazines","_geartools","_unit"];

this at the end

,"_RPG"

this part is them same as already posted

_RPG = 1;
} else {
	_mission = False;
	_RPG = -1;
};

and the important changes:

if ((_x == 1) && (_RPG < 1)) then {
	} else {
	  removeAllWeapons _unit;
	  removeBackpack _unit;
	  _unit addweapon "RPG7V"; 
	  _unit selectweapon "RPG7V"; 
};

this makes sure, that the RPG unit has no backpack, then the RPG will be added

hello thank you for the script. foremost I apologize for my English.

I can do this post because I have a little problem. I'm already in epoch 1.0.3.1. then all works well saufe something. the parachute does not function. I have no error in my RTP file

is what it is that I am under epoch 1.0.3.1??

I await your response thank you in advance

I really dont know why this isn't working for me... it seems so simple.

i mean there is only two steps for cryin out loud. 

this is confirmed working on 1.0.4.1 right?

Working fine on my 1.0.4.1 server, i'm updating to 1.0.4.2 soon, i can't see any reason it won't work on either version.

works fine for me too   little tip dont change anything from wai file you downloaded.   then go to wai-mission-mission cfg.sqf        put this to          // Time between missions (seconds) wai_mission_timer = 300;     will spawn missions within like 3 mins or server restart or maybe when first person joins server   anyhow do this and check if mission works.

should look like this.

dayz_epoch-----system-----server_monitor.sqf      go into server monitor.sqf   Hold Ctr and press F  then in box type Allowconnection     This will search for line of code you need to add the   [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";  to. 

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";     <---------- add like this               

allowConnection = true;

also if you have other missions here also put WAI above them Like Below

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\init.sqf";

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\DZMS\DZMSInit.sqf";    <---------ignore if you dont have this mission file
 allowConnection = true;

hope this helps  

ps keep the folder same check if it runs then add weapons and stuff bit by bit there maybe something wrong with items you are trying to add i had this problem Hope it helps.