WAI missions not cleaning up

kingpapawawa

Question

Im using the forked version by @ebaydayz from https://github.com/ebayShopper/WICKED-AI and i am just realizing that missions never clean up.  I was using some modded configs and additional missions so i reinstalled the original and have the same issue.  I have commented out the loading of every other script except the latest version of infistar simply for the ease of going to and clearing missions for testing. Ive done everything except install a blank virgin epoch 106 and add nothing but WAI and test.

Anyone else having this issue? 

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, kingpapawawa said:

Im using the forked version by @ebaydayz from https://github.com/ebayShopper/WICKED-AI and i am just realizing that missions never clean up.  I was using some modded configs and additional missions so i reinstalled the original and have the same issue.  I have commented out the loading of every other script except the latest version of infistar simply for the ease of going to and clearing missions for testing. Ive done everything except install a blank virgin epoch 106 and add nothing but WAI and test.

Anyone else having this issue? 

What do you have these 2 lines set to in your config.sqf in the WAI folder? (these are my values)

ai_clean_dead 				= true;			// clear bodies after certain amount of time
	ai_cleanup_time 			= 45*60;		// time to clear bodies in seconds

ai_clean_dead and ai_cleanup_time are not the problem. The ai are removed. The problem is this...

wai_clean_mission            = true;                                // clean all mission buildings after a certain period
wai_clean_mission_time        = 1200;                                // time after a mission is complete to clean mission buildings

Mission buildings never get deleted.

20 hours ago, salival said:

What do you have these 2 lines set to in your config.sqf in the WAI folder? (these are my values)

Ai are cleaned up but not buildings. Can you confirm if your buildings are deleting after the set time?

wai_clean_mission            = true;                                // clean all mission buildings after a certain period
wai_clean_mission_time        = 1200;   

On 2/21/2017 at 11:08 PM, salival said:

@salival since you were the only one to answer so far.. can you confirm or not if buildings clean up for you? not AI but buildings (_baserunover).

I have tried on unedited 106 with ebays unedited wai. cleared mayors mansion went 2000m away and waited for 3 hours, returned, building still there.

set clean time to 5 minutes. set the player nearby distance in mission_winorfail to 100m. no cleanup ever happens.  Is it just me?

1 hour ago, kingpapawawa said:

@salival since you were the only one to answer so far.. can you confirm or not if buildings clean up for you? not AI but buildings (_baserunover).

I have tried on unedited 106 with ebays unedited wai. cleared mayors mansion went 2000m away and waited for 3 hours, returned, building still there.

set clean time to 5 minutes. set the player nearby distance in mission_winorfail to 100m. no cleanup ever happens.  Is it just me?

I can confirm buildings were NOT getting cleaned up.

I have fixed the issue (as well as a few others) and submitted a pull request to @ebaydayz to update his repo

Heres my commit with the fix: https://github.com/oiad/WICKED-AI/commit/a1936fb048b972fff86cad8a3972125c9d154726

You could just replace your mission_winorfail.sqf with this version: https://github.com/oiad/WICKED-AI/blob/a1936fb048b972fff86cad8a3972125c9d154726/WAI/compile/mission_winorfail.sqf

Thank you so much.
Dont know if you noticed this or not but mission spawned vehicles delete also. even if you fill them with loot and are flying to trader they delete with you in mid air =) much fun haha.

I resolved this by removing _vehicle from the cleanup array         [_vehicle,_baserunover],         // cleanup objects 

but i don't know if there is a better way...  

1 hour ago, kingpapawawa said:

Thank you so much.
Dont know if you noticed this or not but mission spawned vehicles delete also. even if you fill them with loot and are flying to trader they delete with you in mid air =) much fun haha.

I resolved this by removing _vehicle from the cleanup array         [_vehicle,_baserunover],         // cleanup objects 

but i don't know if there is a better way...  

My mistake, I didn't realise vehicles were being added to the cleanup (which seems pointless)

https://github.com/oiad/WICKED-AI/commit/555e199e58b31cbc592653818e4b6753e0f24be3 fixes that, I've also submitted a pull request to @ebaydayz to update his repo.