Players don't take damage/or die in vehicle

Franky

Hi peoples! I have noticed players are not taking damage or dying when they kamikaze helis or vehicles. The vehicles explode and they just hop out unscathed. And apparently they take no fall damage. Haven't tested fall damage myself. Any light shed on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Franky

Are you using Infistar?        If so, check and read the ahconfig.sqf to see what damage is being blocked and remove the entries from the array that you don't want there - like fall damage.

Take note of the consequences when changing this.

8 hours ago, Franky said:

Hi peoples! I have noticed players are not taking damage or dying when they kamikaze helis or vehicles. The vehicles explode and they just hop out unscathed. And apparently they take no fall damage. Haven't tested fall damage myself. Any light shed on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Franky

What version of Epoch? 

I take it this is where the damage is being blocked from? (within infistar)

_blockDamageFrom = [
    '',    // This might also block fall damage, however since hackers create Bombs using "createVehicleLocal" it sometimes results in us seeing it on our client as '' nothing.
    'SmallSecondary',    // also happens when a vehicle explodes
    'HelicopterExploSmall','HelicopterExploBig',
    'PipeBomb','TimeBomb',
    'Mine','MineE',
    'GrenadeHand','GrenadeHand_stone','grenadecore',
    'R_57mm_HE','M_9M311_AA',
    'M_AT2_AT','M_AT5_AT','M_AT6_AT','M_AT9_AT','M_AT13_AT','Bo_GBU12_LGB','Bo_FAB_250','G_Camel_HE','M_Ch29_AT','Sh_122_HE','Sh_125_SABOT','Sh_125_HE','R_Hydra_HE',
    'R_GRAD','M_Hellfire_AT','M_Igla_AA','Sh_105_HE','B_20mm_AA','B_30x113mm_M789_HEDP','Sh_120_SABOT','Sh_120_HE',
    'M_Maverick_AT','G_40mm_HE','Bo_Mk82','R_MLRS','M_R73_AA','R_80mm_HE','R_S8T_AT','M_Sidewinder_AA','M_Sidewinder_AA_F35','R_PG9_AT','R_OG9_HE','M_Stinger_AA','M_TOW_AT','M_TOW2_AT',
    'M_Vikhr_AT','Sh_85_AP','Sh_85_HE','ARTY_Sh_122_HE','ARTY_Sh_122_WP','ARTY_Sh_105_HE','ARTY_Sh_105_WP','ARTY_Sh_81_HE','ARTY_Sh_81_WP','ARTY_Sh_82_HE','ARTY_Sh_82_WP',
    'ARTY_R_227mm_HE_Rocket','ARTY_R_120mm_HE_Rocket','ARTY_Sh_82_ILLUM','ARTY_Sh_105_SADARM','ARTY_Sh_105_LASER','ARTY_Sh_105_SMOKE','ARTY_Sh_105_ILLUM','ARTY_Sh_122_SADARM',
    'ARTY_Sh_122_LASER','ARTY_Sh_122_SMOKE','ARTY_Sh_122_ILLUM','ARTY_Sh_81_ILLUM'    
];

So if I cancelled out all of this then players will begin to take damage/die when crashing their helis to the ground etc....?

Cheers

Franky

Try removing everything up until.

'R_57mm_HE','M_9M311_AA',   and see if that makes fall and crash damage return.

I was literally making this post when icomrade posted his reply>>>>then once the damage is back there is a fix for ejection upon crashing....

Hi again guys. I have just witnessed someone in a heli get shot down by AI at a mission. As he was coming down he jumped out and took no fall damage and no damage from the exploding heli. There was also a player that was stranded high on top of his base and jumped off without taking damage. I tried what you guys suggested within infistar. Is this correct?  I can't seem to find an array to find the array for fall damage.

*/
_blockDamageFrom = [
    '',    // This might also block fall damage, however since hackers create Bombs using "createVehicleLocal" it sometimes results in us seeing it on our client as '' nothing.
    'M_AT2_AT','M_AT5_AT','M_AT6_AT','M_AT9_AT','M_AT13_AT','Bo_GBU12_LGB','Bo_FAB_250','G_Camel_HE','M_Ch29_AT','Sh_122_HE','Sh_125_SABOT','Sh_125_HE',
    'R_GRAD','M_Igla_AA','Sh_105_HE','B_20mm_AA','Sh_120_SABOT','Sh_120_HE',
    'M_Maverick_AT','G_40mm_HE','Bo_Mk82','R_MLRS','M_R73_AA','R_80mm_HE','R_S8T_AT','M_Sidewinder_AA','M_Sidewinder_AA_F35','R_PG9_AT','R_OG9_HE','M_Stinger_AA','M_TOW_AT','M_TOW2_AT',
    'M_Vikhr_AT','Sh_85_AP','Sh_85_HE','ARTY_Sh_122_HE','ARTY_Sh_122_WP','ARTY_Sh_105_HE','ARTY_Sh_105_WP','ARTY_Sh_81_HE','ARTY_Sh_81_WP','ARTY_Sh_82_HE','ARTY_Sh_82_WP',
    'ARTY_R_227mm_HE_Rocket','ARTY_R_120mm_HE_Rocket','ARTY_Sh_82_ILLUM','ARTY_Sh_105_SADARM','ARTY_Sh_105_LASER','ARTY_Sh_105_SMOKE','ARTY_Sh_105_ILLUM','ARTY_Sh_122_SADARM',
];

Cheers

Franky

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Hi again guys. I have just witnessed someone in a heli get shot down by AI at a mission. As he was coming down he jumped out and took no fall damage and no damage from the exploding heli. There was also a player that was stranded high on top of his base and jumped off without taking damage. I tried what you guys suggested within infistar. Is this correct?  I can't seem to find an array to find the array for fall damage.

*/
_blockDamageFrom = [
    'M_AT2_AT','M_AT5_AT','M_AT6_AT','M_AT9_AT','M_AT13_AT','Bo_GBU12_LGB','Bo_FAB_250','G_Camel_HE','M_Ch29_AT','Sh_122_HE','Sh_125_SABOT','Sh_125_HE',
];

Cheers

Franky

You need to comment out the lines/class names you DONT want to block. so you need to put a // infront of '' in the first line. i.e:

_blockDamageFrom = [
   //'',    // This might also block fall damage, however since hackers create Bombs using "createVehicleLocal" it sometimes results in us seeing it on our client as '' nothing.
];