DAYZ EPOCH

DarkMonk69

Question

Hi Guys!

So I've tried like a million times to make my own Dayz server, and I actually got a vanilla Dayz Server to work a few times, but I'm really bad at the scripting part of the server. I've tried googling this stuff but there is just WAY TOO MUCH different info on this. Each guy does it different and it confuses me so bad.

What I'm wondering is if any of you avid scripters dont maybe have a pre built set of files that you are willing to share.

I'm basicly looking for a server with Gun traders, aircraft dealers, car dealers, bandit and hero traders, money as currency, admin rights for the appointed admins, normal green, yellow and red missions, then some of the smaller red missions thats easier, and maybe one or two static missions. Filling stations must be able to repair and refuel vehicles.

I'm from SA and we have just about 4 active servers, with guys running scripts they got from other people and no one wants to share. 

Thanks for Reading guys!

DarkMonk69

15 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, DarkMonk69 said:

I'm from SA and we have just about 4 active servers, with guys running scripts they got from other people and no one wants to share.

Sounds like a decent community to me..

Anyway, this is defo the wrong subforum.

you didnt catch the ironic part..:rolleyes:

nowadays its kinda cool to hide information or solutions for things in arma. But did anyone of these guys ever think about where they would be now if there was no e.g. Killzone kid or other good teaching guys? And you are in a "community" where i expect to help each other.

34 minutes ago, rvg?! said:

you didnt catch the ironic part..:rolleyes:

nowadays its kinda cool to hide information or solutions for things in arma. But did anyone of these guys ever think about where they would be now if there was no e.g. Killzone kid or other good teaching guys? And you are in a "community" where i expect to help each other.

It's not cool now, never has been, and never will be but there are dickheads now, has always been, will always be :tongue:

It's up to us to focus on the negatives (few guys holding back) or vastly outnumbering positives (epoch forums, BI forums, github/gitlab etc.).

Overall I don't think there are any real issues accessing Arma knowledge as long as one has Internet access and time.

Let me ask this, does anybody know of a place that I can get the scripts from that will also explain how to get them working in my game files. I'm not so clued up on this. I'm not sure where to put code in to tell the server to look to that script etc.

The thing is I've checked on github etc, finding these amazing looking scripts, everything I want. I put it into my server, run it, and then when the first client joins I'll get a server crash, edit here and there, then the client gets stuck at loading screens etc. I've been at it for a week already lol.

I feel stupid compared to some of these guys on here. Seeing some of the servers these guys scripted I'm wondering if they also have day jobs?

10 hours ago, DarkMonk69 said:

Gimme a second. I'm trying to get something working here with some mods. Will let you know if I dont get killed in the explosion.

well if no further updates, you will still have us know what happened to you. that's a scripting lesson there, default return value :biggrin:

So I got some files of github again. Files edited for Napf map. (a bit big for our community, but none the less) I started a fresh install of everything, so got a basic vanilla Dayz and put in these files I found. Only thing I changed was added the Admin Pack, which if not mistaked is called BE Admin or something. 

Server kept crashing with errors of "member already defined" etc. Through a friend of a friends friend I got to speak to this guy (who is credited as one of the only few South Africans thats brilliant with Arma Scripting) for just about 10min on Teamspeak, and he gave me a very quick walkthrough of what files get loaded from where, and so I realised one .hpp file was called on twice, got that fixed and voila!

I have a very small test server. 1 Xeon CPU, 2GB Ram, 50GB HDD and about 30mbps syncronous internet connection. Me and a friend joined the server and played for a few hours. I could not believe that such a small server gave me such smooth gameplay!

I feel so chuffed getting that to work!

On ‎12‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 0:37 PM, DarkMonk69 said:

Hi creativv,

Thanks for the reply, I'm sure going to give those files a try. 

Thanks Guys!

Dont forget to search for some fixes and anti coin dupes wich can be found on the forums to .

Goodluck