Napf for Arma3

vbawol

Napf Island A3 - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635780806

by 
Momo & ANixon 

Description: 
This is a ported version of the Napf Island for Arma 2: OA by #momo#. 

After 2.5 years of work, I finally finished my Napf Island. It is a terrain for Arma2 OA that is 20.4km on 20.4km in size. While the norh part is rather flat and is the home of most of the big cities, the south is dominated by mountains, forests and wilderness. The map is based on real elevation data from a region in Switzerland, but the towns, roads and forests are highly fictionalized. 

Some Background: 
- The terrain for my Napf-Island was made based on real DEM-Data with a 30m on 30m grid. The mountain "Napf" in reality is located in Switzerland (long/lat in Real World: +47°0/+7°56'). In the real
world, the south shore of my island is formed by the Lake of Brienz ("Brienzersee") and the Lake of Thun ("Thunersee"). 
- However, I squeezed about 100km on 100km of real terrain into a 25km on 25km map and I also smoothed the terrain. My Napf is not the real Napf in many aspects: I placed towns and roads where 
I thought they made sence, not always on real places. The names of the towns and hills are a mix of faction and fiction, as indeed is the whole island. 
- The work for this island started approximatly in August, 2011. However, I was busy ♥♥♥♥♥ing with Visitor3 for more than a month. Still, the work behind the island is insane. The town of Chatzbach, 
for example, took me one day and one night in a row (I worked on Chatzbach 17 hours straight). I dont think I will finish the Island: Arma3 is on the horizon. 
- However, I intend to end the island to the point where the main Ring Road (Chatzbach->Münchenstein->Muttenz->Lenzburg->Lausen) and the terrain surrounding the road is complete. This would 
also include building the main town and an airport. 

Features: 
- Two big citys, 3 airfields, a lot of medium sized towns 
- Several small islands off the main land, one of them houses a big military base 
- A massive Water Dam with an electrical grid emerging from there 
- Diverse landscape from the flat north with agriculture and bigger towns down to the high mountains of the south 
- Tested in Multiplayer without serious bugs 

Requirements: 
You will need CUP Core or AIA along side this mod! 

Included files: 
napf.pbo 
kpfs_waysigns.pbo 
aif_napfobjects.pbo 
mbg_generic_african_buildings.pbo 
mbg_killhouses.pbo 
mbg_buildings_3.pbo 
mbg_buildings_2.pbo 
Roads2.pbo 
Ponds.pbo 

Credits & Thanks: 
- My Clanmate Flattermann who became more and more a co-author 
- Hotzenplotz from URR-Clan for his help with Visitor and Photoshop 
- AngryInsects-Team for Beta-Testing and moral support (visit www.angryinsects.de) 
- All clans and mods who played the Beta-Version, which motivated me to go on with the project 
- Mondkalb for his buildings 
- Bushlurker and others for many helpful posts in the Editing-Section of the bi-Forums 
- shezan74 for WorldTools 
- Marseille77 for the GermanWaysigns Addon. 
- BIS for making Arma2 

ANixon's Port Section: 
Agreements with momo: 
As long the updated Arma 3 version is free to use in Arma 3 and not mod specific it is ok to edit/update it for Arma 3 and Momo retains rights as it original creator. Map must be released to the public and not kept private. 

Some Background on port: 
In no way do I claim to of made this map. All credits for original content creators are above! The work I did was nothing compared to theirs and I hope you think of them when you think of napf. Thanks :)