[RESOLVED] Cannot unlock large vehicles

Grahame

With the introduction of support for CUP I'll report this issue as a bug now.

Basically there seems to be a problem with certain larger vehicles when trying to unlock or lock them. This specifically affects at least the following CUP vehicles: Chernarus Fishing Boat, RHIBs and the C-47 (though not the DC-3 - you can unlock it by crawling underneath the fuselage :)). It may affect other vehicles but I haven't personally tested those others.

The issue in question also makes it tough to get the sweet spot for the unlock/lock mechanism and crate inventory on larger Epoch trucks and helicopters.

To be honest, it could just have been my server. I'm on GTX and I don't have access to a lot of core files (e.g most DLLs ARMA and Epoch, they changed that recently) but I did update those I saw in the files changed in GitHub. Ever since then my players were suffering from signature failures and there were weird issues with gear vanishing (and someone today changed from female to male...?). I reverted the server to build 417 (the one GTX provides in TCAdmin's Mod Manager). Hopefully will resolve those issues. Was about to let you know - just finished the process and there have been so many updates in the last two weeks (a server and DB migration, Epoch 0.3.8, CUP, I added InfiStar (basically for HALO spawns...), Ryan's Z&D 4.2, CUP Units hot fix, build 427, ARMA 1.58, upgraded InfiStar) that I was temporarily overwhelmed; oh, and I had to work too :wub:

P.S. Feel free to visit my server and check it out, you'd be most welcome (I removed the stupid lines in that AH's config)... You need any CUP help let me know. There's a suggestion that they'll have the Challenger soon :laugh:

Grahame, all you should need to update from build 417 is the server pbo's 
https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tree/master/Server_Install_Pack/%40epochhive/addons

and the mission pbo file for the map you are running:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tree/master/Server_Install_Pack/mpmissions

You will also want to update the BE filters:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/tree/master/Server_Install_Pack/sc/BattlEye

It seems that I might have been wrong about what's causing the issues, looks like I did install 427 okay because despite not seeing the errors for several hours after backing out the hot fix, they are now reoccuring:

1:46:00 Player XXX: Wrong signature for file a3\map_data\middle_mco.paa
 1:46:01 Player XXXdisconnected.

The file specified changes all the time but it seems to only effect certain players (who I increasingly feel sorry for). I have asked them to verify that they're not using a custom malloc() and all of them have tried verifying the Steam game cache with no reported errors.

Must admit to being a little stumped... has anyone else seen the same problem in the last week? The problem happens whether the server is under high load or has a bunch of players on. I am using InfiStar but I didn't do the latest upgrade until after the problems began.

Apologies for not getting back sooner - I was jammed up at work for most of last week with a deadline.

Updated Epoch to latest build today and I'm pleased to report that all vehicles are now unlockable on my map.