Issue with Placing Traders

lonewolfgaming

Question

I am having an issue with trying to get a couple of traders to work. I have spawned in the MBG_warehouse_InEditor building for a static mission/trader setup. The static AI spawn in somewhat correct, but the two traders I am trying to place inside are not. I placed one trader in the room on the bottom floor and one on the second, but when I check the building both traders are in the floor and nothing but the top of their heads is visible. I have changed the settings for the height several times, but it doesn't matter how high or low I set it, they are always in the floor with the top of the heads showing. I am not sure if there is another spawn for this building, but I know one like it is workable for a trader zone since I have seen it on a Napf server with traders inside. Does anyone know what can fix this?

4 answers to this question

The ugly truth is, it simply does not work. But what you can do is place them outside, make them walk in and then freeze them.

As Example i'll just copy + paste a few Lines from my dog Agent, where i got my dog to search inside buildings:

_i = 0;

while {_i <= 25} do {
	_locationPos = _nBuilding buildingPos _i;

if(_i > 0 && ([_locationPos,[0,0,0]] call BIS_fnc_areEqual)) exitWith {diag_log format ["[Dog] - Found %1 Positions",_i];};

if (!([_locationPos,[0,0,0]] call BIS_fnc_areEqual)) then {
		_locationArray set [count _locationArray,_locationPos];
	};

diag_log format ["[Dog] Position Index: %1",_i];

_i = _i + 1;
};

Of course you could also try to just place the Trader on one of those found position.

It's easy to get traders inside custom added buildings, or on the roof, whatever.

dayz_server/missions/dayz_Epoch_11.Chernarus/mission.sqf

Is where the standard traders and trader cities are loaded. Just add your buildings in there, and make sure the traders are at the bottom of the file.