monkeyshlut

Question

Hi, I have been trying to hours on end to get Sarge AI or any form of bandit ai working on my dayz epoch server, and I can't seem to manage it.

I've had no problems getting it to work on Normal dayz cheranus. Can anyone tell me what I need to do differently?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Was with DayZ.st and ran Sarge AI for the longest time without any problems. Had them in vanilla DayZ Mod and DayZ Epoch without any issues. Moved to Vilayer about three weeks ago and have had zero issues moving them over to the new mission pbo.

Just need to follow the directions exactly.

This is mildly off-topic....but what's the attraction with AI floating around on the map?  Is it used specifically for event types of things, or what...whats the deal? 
They really ruin the immersion from my experience, and they tend to be just walking loot piles.  I'd love to hear why people like adding them to their servers.
I'm all ears :)

Because human bandits tend to be douchebags. They will sit there camping your corpse, or hit you with a sniper rifle from 1 klick out while all you are doing is looking for some beans. Or the guy you just spent the last hour looting with turn around and kill you because he wants your backpack. By default, there is hardly anything negative about being a bandit in DayZ. They will grief you, steal your vehicles, blow them up, trash your camp, etc. Have a camp set up but need to go away on a business trip? Yeah, you won't have a camp when you return. With the AI bandits, the admin can control how difficult or easy they are, and they can be very difficult if they are geared properly and given the right skill levels.

It is also nice for low population servers, you can have a smaller group of humans on the same side while fighting the environment.

Ok, tried everything, still can't get it to work, one last thing do I need to change the map gprs names or anything else?

No, you shouldn't. You just need to follow the directions provided for the script. Which is more or less putting stuff in the init.sqf, a smaller edit to description.ext and server_cleanup.fsm, then configure them to your desire.

Managed to get it working in the end, thanks for the help.

I wanted to add them in because unless you have a server with lots of player on its going to be pretty boring, so having random AI flying,driving around shooting at you makes it fun for 1 player or 30 players.

Managed to get it working in the end, thanks for the help.

I wanted to add them in because unless you have a server with lots of player on its going to be pretty boring, so having random AI flying,driving around shooting at you makes it fun for 1 player or 30 players.

That's exactly why we've added sarge to our server, but now our traders aren't working. Have you had this issue Monkey?