New Server Host HELP!

Pavillin

Hello all I done with our current host, I need a new one. I want to be able to run 2-3 server and have 100% control over EVERYTHING! I have heard www.soyoustart.com is a really good place. I have only rented servers and have never had full control. On that website it says 'Dedicated Server' and 'Game Server' I'm not really sure what I pick. Any help regarding this would be perfect!

6 minutes ago, Richie said:

You want a dedicated server, also try https://www.kimsufi.com/uk/

OVH, SYS and Kimsufi are all owned by OVH, difference is service levels and other features not required when hosting an Arma server

I checked the link, almost all the options are out of stock. What dedicated server would you recommend on SYS?

i have a dedicated server through soyoustart, and since you are canadian it would be in your best interest.  You can pay in CDN.  I've never had problems with them so far.  When i started i had to ask a few questions they were very helpful, and answered fast.   The ONLY thing i was not impressed with, is while i did my research, i thought i was able to get a windows licence through them.  But because im in canada, i was not able to. Found this out after my purchase.  They were willing to refund me if i wasnt able to find one. I was lucky to have a friend that had a win 8 client licence kicking around.  So i use windows 8 client.  But honestly, they are the best ive encountered so far.

EDIT:  As for your needs. i run 2 servers on the box no problems.  Im not sure how it would handle 3.  they would need to have a low amount of players i would assume.  GL

1 hour ago, theduke said:

i have a dedicated server through soyoustart, and since you are canadian it would be in your best interest.  You can pay in CDN.  I've never had problems with them so far.  When i started i had to ask a few questions they were very helpful, and answered fast.   The ONLY thing i was not impressed with, is while i did my research, i thought i was able to get a windows licence through them.  But because im in canada, i was not able to. Found this out after my purchase.  They were willing to refund me if i wasnt able to find one. I was lucky to have a friend that had a win 8 client licence kicking around.  So i use windows 8 client.  But honestly, they are the best ive encountered so far.

EDIT:  As for your needs. i run 2 servers on the box no problems.  Im not sure how it would handle 3.  they would need to have a low amount of players i would assume.  GL

I really appreciate the info! But I'm not the one that'll be paying for the server. The one paying for it is in the UK and the server will be hosted in Europe. We plan on running two servers and a third just as a test(offline most of the time) which would you recommend because I've never got a dedicated server before

1 hour ago, Pavillin said:

I really appreciate the info! But I'm not the one that'll be paying for the server. The one paying for it is in the UK and the server will be hosted in Europe. We plan on running two servers and a third just as a test(offline most of the time) which would you recommend because I've never got a dedicated server before

price seems fair for the UK

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/

change the flag to UK top right... and im pretty sure you can pay monthly for a windows licence being from the UK, but i would have your friend call or email them to make sure. It was my first time doing such a thing, knowing so i would of called.  I just got lucky a friend had a win8 key.

Im running package 2.  Its plenty for 2 servers and a test server.

26 minutes ago, theduke said:

price seems fair for the UK

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/game-servers/

change the flag to UK top right... and im pretty sure you can pay monthly for a windows licence being from the UK, but i would have your friend call or email them to make sure. It was my first time doing such a thing, knowing so i would of called.  I just got lucky a friend had a win8 key.

Im running package 2.  Its plenty for 2 servers and a test server.

I thought I had to get a 'dedicated server' but the 'game 2' works good?

21 hours ago, Pavillin said:

The game servers seem they don't support windows...

http://prntscr.com/9vzswm

That looks like something from OVH and I can tell you that it is possible to get windows on them - I'm using the i7 OVH server and have Server 2012 R2 on it... what it doesn't support is the automated installation and you have to upload your own ISO and probably buy a KVM for a day or two to access the computer. You also have to find all the drivers by yourself ^^

Edit: MC-32 to be exact, on OVH.com