radios

Achmed

radios have been apart of dayz for a long time. i believe they have been on the ban list for most of the time. 

a lot of skins  have radios with them. i have not seen the AI and what they have for clothing. if its the takistani warlord and skins along those lines you will find a radio on them. 

the radio from what i have heard (never confirmed it) is that if  you are near a radio tower (green mountain) on the top of the hour you will hear a radio broadcast. 

Radios are added as part of Sarges AI and are  just useless items the bots carry. They were originally put in Day Z  way back last year,  probably as a placement marker at the time for some other inventory tool items . There was a rumor that if you had one that every now and then a radio broadcast would be made giving the grid references of the deer stands but this was unconfirmed.

More recently I have seen some coders working on scripts that allow people who have radios to use side chat, which is a useful script in my opinion.

i understand what you are saying matt. 

what i was trying to point out is that there are certain skins in dayz that give the toon a radio that is wearing that skin. i was pointing out that some to of the AI skins are those that have the radio with them. 

sorry if i didn't make my post clear.

i understand what you are saying matt. 

what i was trying to point out is that there are certain skins in dayz that give the toon a radio that is wearing that skin. i was pointing out that some to of the AI skins are those that have the radio with them. 

sorry if i didn't make my post clear.

ah ok :) i get you now, i thought you was saying some skins had a radio on there back etc lol  :rolleyes:

Maca is doing some sweet things with radios..

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/420-helicopter-evac-possible-use-for-radios/

Lots of possibilities with them back as a toolbelt Item in the game.

I would love to see Crash Sites and Supply Drops perhaps broadcast only to players with a radio as well.

Also perhaps a single frequency for now tied to Global Chat and if possible more to come.

• 6 months later...

In the DZAI system, supposedly you can set it so if a player kills an AI in a group and has a radio, they'll get messages from the other AI, indicating they're being hunted, but I haven't confirmed this because I don't have a radio and I don't know anyone that left an AI alive that was part of an AI group. They usually kill them all.