What are the better guns?

Higgins909

I have used the DLC SPMG .338 effectively at ranges out to 800m as well as a suppression weapon and for some cqc. Like the navid 9.3 be aware of the recoil,

All the guns you were firing are 7.62 and in Arma 3 that seems to mean no definite two shot kills, as we expected in Arma 2. 

I have used the Zafir, again 7.62, before the dlc came out in the same way as i now use the SPMG, as something i can snipe , suppress and generally fight with, often using the DMS scope which ranges out to 1000m.

I find as i progress that i have preferences but in the end i have to fight with what i find and learning how to move and shoot effectively will improve your chances of surviving any fire fight.

All of this is subjective and will depend on an individuals style of play. 

Although you can lose all your inventory at death, that is part of the appeal in playing a survival mod, testing how long you can stay alive, what resources you can gather, what shelter you can build. It might not be for everyone.

You could both try one of the servers that offer PVE play, where it is just you against environment and killing on sight, and in most cases any player killing is forbidden. 

Yeah for people who get pissed when they lose gear, PVE servers are somewhat of an alternative, however, most PVE servers (if not all) have random AI and I suspect your friend will be killed by AI much more times than by players in regular servers. So maybe a game is just not for him. Though I myself play very very cautiously and don't like losing gear myself. Then again, if server has Black Market traders stocked with loot, losing gear means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Yeah for people who get pissed when they lose gear, PVE servers are somewhat of an alternative, however, most PVE servers (if not all) have random AI and I suspect your friend will be killed by AI much more times than by players in regular servers. So maybe a game is just not for him. Though I myself play very very cautiously and don't like losing gear myself. Then again, if server has Black Market traders stocked with loot, losing gear means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The server I play on has no random AI... thank goodness!