stop choppers from lifting vehicles through buildings

calamity

Question

19 answers to this question

Sometimes I think people can't use a search function or even think for themselves anymore.. just let other people do all the work.. :P

_objet = nearestObjects [_heliporteur, R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables, 5];

it's not that hard to read what that code does: it determines the nearest objects from the "heliporteur" (french for helicopter) of the types "R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables" (liftable objects) in the range of 5 metres.

I have to say there are many helpful comments in the R3F scripts, even in english (I can't read french myself), so you could just take a look yourself. :P

Ok I show you how you can find what you need instead of just telling you this time. :D

In the config ("R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf") you can see that towing vehicles are called "R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs" and you can assume it should be similar to the lift code look for "nearestObjects" in combination with "remorqueurs" in the files.

After searching in the file contents for "nearestObjects" (I just use notepad++ for that) I've found the place you're looking for after 10 seconds or so:

_remorqueur = nearestObjects [_objet, R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs, 22];

in the file "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\remorqueur\remorquer_deplace.sqf"

Hope that will help and you should learn something form that, how to do stuff yourself :)

WOW, Thankz I think. If you dont want to help you don't have too. I did attempt to try myself I looked in several files first since the heli distance was in the heliporteur.so I figured the vehicle distance would be  well in the transporteur all files. NOPE, I then looked in the remorqueur some files. NOPE, then the objet_deplacable folder NOPE. So I asked for help. I appreciate the help and I AM NOT AFRAID TO ASK FOR IT, considering this is a How its done? forum. seems like it would be ok to ask how something is done. Also I dont recall asking you directly I asked for anyones help.

Please do me one more favor Axe Cop, Don't do me anymore favors.

Axe Cop is a leader of the community with the work he does for it, he deserves more respect than what your last comment gave him. There is some expectation that people do a bit of their own research and ask when they are at a complete loss, but frequently this doesnt happen. Even I get asked some pretty dumb questions that could be resolved by people who if they had really tried to find the answer themselves they could have. There are far to many server admins who have too little technical nouse to run a server who dont bother to research their problems thoroughly enough before whining and hassling people who know what they are doing. Most people are happy to help, but it does get tiresome when poeple dont make an effort themselves. I am not saying this is specifcally the case for you, but when something gets pointed out right in front of your eyes and you dont see it, what kind of response do you expect?

Either way, you should now be able to solve your problem with the information provided.

I am sorry for my disrespect I was just verry frustrated looking for the dang solution and to act like I didnt even try to solve it myself  got under my skin, for that moment. I still dont see the solution in the prior posts  untill , well he held my hand  and typed "R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs" I swore I looked in that one too 

He has been very helpful to me for multiple issues and I am verry thankful and say it every time. I have even offered a donation for his help.

So I am sorry for my disrespect Axe Cop.

Hi folks,

I changed it from 20 to 6, that is for sure not in meter, we had to hover 2-3m with a chopper above it (I guess the chopper shows meter), the next thing is, that the menu appears much earlier then you are able to lift the object. I looked for that, but I didn't find it.

Hi folks,

I changed it from 20 to 6, that is for sure not in meter, we had to hover 2-3m with a chopper above it (I guess the chopper shows meter), the next thing is, that the menu appears much earlier then you are able to lift the object. I looked for that, but I didn't find it.

It should be in meter, keep in mind that is from the center of the helicopter to the center of the object you want to lift, NOT the actual distance between the objects, with a large chopper you might need to get closer.. :D

I changed it from 20 to 8, 8 is a good value for me, the menu appears like the value is still 20. I did read the code, but I am not able to find out why. Maybe someone can help me, it is not nice to get a menu to lift something and then you have to decrease the hight of the chopper until it works.