Vehicle Ammo Changes Appear to Break Reammo Trucks

mikeloeven

with the changes to ammunition alot of administrators have started adding ammunition trucks to the traders

i just purchased one of these and have noticed some issues that seem to only effect the new class of vehicles with the ammo changes.

Can someone confirm some odd behavior for the new vehicle classes when interacting with ammunition trucks.

observed behaviors are

if guns on a vehicle with the non regenerating ammo are empty the ammo truck will not reload them

if a magazine is added to one of these vehicles by hand the ammo will regenerate as it is fired off but only to one magazine the ammo truck will not load spare mags into the gun

please confirm this behavior so i can post an issue on the bug tracker

From my experience with ammo trucks/vehicle service points in the past, they only work if the vehicle's ammo count has changed since server startup. I was on an Overwatch server that had a vehicle service point on it. When took the UH1Y (which spawned with 20% ammo) to it right after restart, it wouldn't re-arm unless you fired off some rounds. I'm fairly certain ammo trucks use the same re-arm function. Also, they've never added mags; they just refill the current one.

• 10 months later...

There are no Reammo trucks by default in Epoch. 

If you want them fixed either create an issue or code a fix and create a pull request on the Epoch github - https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch

Simply demanding things because you wonder "why they hell this hasn't been fixed yet" doesn't help anyone, be more productive towards the community that brought you this mod and continues to develop it and assist in improving it.

technically any asset that is available in vanilla arma 2 is part of epoch since the traders can be edited to  sell pretty much anything. additionally due to how common heavy armor traders are on private hive servers it makes sense that broken vanilla arma scripts should support modded it is only the dayz class of vehicles that have this issue if they are given a single round in the chamber on a server restart that would fix the issue however it is probibally better to simply edit the base rearm script to not care wether or not the ammo has changed since restart. as for a pull request your making alot of frustrating and innacurate assumptions about my level of programming knowledge.

actually they are generally available on any server that is configured with heavy armor. and epoch traders can be edited to pretty much sell pretty much anything in arma 2 and it is only the dayz class of vehicles that have this issue if they are given a single round in the chamber on a server restart that would fix the issue however it is probibally better to simple edit the base rearm script to not care wether or not the ammo has changed since restart. as for a pull request your making alot of frustrating and innacurate assumptions about my level of programming knowledge.

Rearm/ammo trucks probably don't fall within the category of vehicles that the Epoch devs wish to have as part of the base mod, so they aren't going to try to fix something they don't care about. I know the changes I've made on my servers are very different from what the Epoch devs intend, but that's why this game is so great - it's so modifiable. :)