Info menu

Pavillin

Question

I've seen some servers that have the answers to all your questions in a menu in game. For example, you right click your map and click on an option (this case "Information") and a menu pops up and has all the information about the server with multiple pages (click arrow in bottom corner to switch page). I think this is a great idea for every server and was wondering if anyone knows how I could do this on my server. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT**: Ok I've go some sceenshots from the server I first saw this script on. This is basically what I'm looking for but I want it customized for my server (obviously).

Right click on item

http://prntscr.com/8oygm4

Page 1

http://prntscr.com/8oygwb

Page 2

http://prntscr.com/8oyh6e

Edited by Pavillin

9 answers to this question

this seems like a custom gui created with the editor.  I have someone that showed me how to do it on arma 3.  I use one for my arma 2 server, my only issue is the resolution.  Anyone with a smaller resolution than 1440 cant see all the words, some are cut off.  but yes this is nice.

It's a maca's right click actions (extra_rc.hpp) set on a map item with bunch of scripts assigned to each button.

The info screen looks like a simple custom dialog that uses rscHtml, nothing complicated, but I've never seen anyone releasing this kind of stuff here. Documentation is definitely out there, but you'll most likely have to figure it out by yourself.

It's a maca's right click actions (extra_rc.hpp) set on a map item with bunch of scripts assigned to each button.

The info screen looks like a simple custom dialog that uses rscHtml, nothing complicated, but I've never seen anyone releasing this kind of stuff here. Documentation is definitely out there, but you'll most likely have to figure it out by yourself.

I'm sure I could figure it out, but I don't know anything about maca's right click actions. Is there anywhere I can figure out how to install it?

I'm sure I could figure it out, but I don't know anything about maca's right click actions. Is there anywhere I can figure out how to install it?

i would release mine, but i didnt create it, someone did for me and i cant release without his knowledge.  But yes if you use macas right lick this is easily accomplished.  If you use the advanced crafting the right click is included. and if you dont use macas RC, its easy to install and figure out...

i would release mine, but i didnt create it, someone did for me and i cant release without his knowledge.  But yes if you use macas right lick this is easily accomplished.  If you use the advanced crafting the right click is included. and if you dont use macas RC, its easy to install and figure out...

I have the extra rc file but I'm not sure how to install it.. would I just #include it in my description.ext or is there more to it then that?

Edited by Pavillin

I would be interested in something like that info board. Props to them who made it.

I found this on UK111 Chernarus server. Not sure if they made it but that's where I found it. They might help you with it as I don't think I'm at liberty to say since it's not mine.