How to install fallujah map on server

meanbeandk

Question

8 answers to this question

Since Fallujah isn't one of the maps supported by Epoch, you would create a new folder in the client pbo (The folders that contain the init.sqf and description.ext) mpmissions folder called DayZ_Epoch_26.fallujah, then copy the contents from one of the other DayZ_Epoch_xx.xxxxx folders into it. 

You'll need to edit the mission.sqm to place the markers and sensors for the Fallujah map. You'd also have to edit the init.sqf file for any references to the DayZ_Epoch_26.fallujah folder, such as this:

//Compile vehicle configs
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_26.fallujah\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";				
	// Add trader citys
	_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_26.fallujah\mission.sqf";

Edit your description.ext file:

onLoadMission="DayZ_Epoch Fallujah";
OnLoadIntro = "Welcome to Fallujah";

Open your server config and set this line:

template = dayz_epoch_26.fallujah;

You also would need to create a new folder under "missions" in the server pbo called Dayz_Epoch_26.fallujah with a copy of the contents from any of the other Dayz_Epoch_xx.xxxxx server pbo foldersThen you'd need to create custom traders for the map. Those are defined in the server pbo, under the missions/DayZ_Epoch_26.fallujah folder in the mission.sqf file.

It's a bit of an involved process and will take some time.

On 9/28/2015 at 8:28 AM, meanbeandk said:

Thanks for all your help man Got it working now :-)

can you give me hand, I have tried to get this going and it just wont work for me.  

FIXED:

I got the server up. Over sight on my part. Forgot to rename a folder.

Edited by Thug
FIXED