Best way to update server builds?

Taco

Question

Hi this may be a bit of a basic question that I'm just missing the plot on but I was wondering if there is any easy way to update the server build (for instance like when there was the recent update to fix the memory crash problem) in a quick, easy and safe way so that none of the configs and other thiings I have going on in the server get affected by it. Is there a certain essential file that can just be overwritten or a folder? As this time I copied over the entire install pack and tried to just not overwrite those which I knew were customized like some of the configs and mission PBO. 

Hoping for an easy answer as I think I'm over complicating things a bit. 

8 answers to this question

Yes and it's worked everytime I update for the past 7 months, I prefer it that way. By the time you go to the Github and see which files were updated the new files have already been edited using winmerge.

Yeah that was my main worry just spacing out and accidentally overwriting a battleye filter or something along those lines. It seems like I did it this time manually, many thanks for the replies will use the suggested programs in the future.