Creating a custom spawn box

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I am working on a custom spawn box. I made the spawn box in the editor with the manhole covers for the teleporters. I know the coordinates of the teleporters go into the .h file for the map and that also has the various objects around the traders but what I don't see is the box itself. Where is it's location defined? I found "Debug_static_F" in the editor so I used that for the box so I have coordinates for it but not sure where to put that. Also, what does the class Markers section of the mission.sqm do in relation to the spawn box? name = "center"; name = "respawn_east"; and name = "respawn_west"; What do they do?

9 answers to this question

Here's something I don't understand. In the editor, I add the spawn box and I look at the coordinates in the editor and is says this:

-147-349,12911.1,-1.1636

When I export it to an SQF file, the coordinates are this:

If I use the second set of coordinates, the box is off from where it is in the editor.

I simply loaded a custom mission with spawn points, and the respawn markers . Dragged them where I wanted the debug box on Panthera. Saved the mission. Went back in to editor with m3editor and placed my portals and exported for .cpp. And they lined up perfectly

Edit: The debug is defined in the mission.sqm. 

That actually sounds overly complicated. All I did was load the M3editor and place the box with the portals, then put the box coordinates in the mission.sqm and the .h file for the map. 

Unfortunately it seems my test server, which is a hosted server, suddenly developed a database issue so I'm waiting to hear from support on it and I can't work on this anymore right now :( 

Not complicated. Had it done in less then 5 minutes. And your placing where respawn_west and respawn_east. And the box doesn't need to be placed in the maps .h file.

I placed the coordinates for the box in respawn_west and put the same coordinates as respawn_east because I believe that's where the player spawns inside the box. I put the portals in the .h file for the map. This is correct, right?

Respawns east and west don't share the same coordinates. They will be close. No the 100 spawns are defined in the mission sqm.

Efp0v8g.png

Pink markers are the player spawns. Middle gray markers are respawn_east and west. There are two markes. Hard to see them. But the are just to the left and right of each other.