The AddAction issue

flyxdvd

Question

Hello,

Been busy writing a simple script starting an event like a mini battle royale, atm it works on server start

but i want admins to be able to run it themselves so i was thinking of a simple 

addaction ["Start Event", "addons\xxxxxx\xxxxxxx","",5,false,true,"",""];

for admins.

then when it just didn't show up in the actions etc i started to get a bit frustrated hehe...

so i found out the stock epochAH blocks these actions seen a couple of topics about it.

I run the script server sided in the @Epochhive

from a pbo.

I got addactions working when i run scripts in the mpmission but the script needs to be able to CreateVehicles and them not to dissapear when a player gets close

Got supply boxes dropping from the air with a chute etc.

my question for you guys is.. Is there a way to work around it?

might have written some stuff wrong so if you need more clarification dont be afraid to ask!

Also if you wanna take a look into it ask aswell and i will upload what i have so far.

kind regards,

FlyX

5 answers to this question

CreateVehicles and them not to dissapear when a player gets close

Creating vehicles will have to be done on the server as 

_vehicle call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
_vehicle call EPOCH_server_vehicleInit;

will have to be called, that's why the vehicles disappear after creation. That should solve the issue of creating vehicles.

Creating vehicles will have to be done on the server as 

_vehicle call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
_vehicle call EPOCH_server_vehicleInit;

will have to be called, that's why the vehicles disappear after creation. That should solve the issue of creating vehicles.

That aint the problem sorry for not clarifying, i use the setVToken

_supplyChute1 = createVehicle ["B_parachute_02_F", position _supplyBox, [], 0, "FLY"];		
_supplyChute1 call EPOCH_server_setVToken;
_supplyChute1 call EPOCH_server_vehicleInit;				
_supplyBox1 attachTo [_supplyChute1,[0,1,0]];	 

and it works etc.

but i can't add the addaction because of the epochAH thats my main problem.

Trying to find a workaround or just an other way to make an admin start the event instead on server startup.

need more info feel free to ask!

With the new version of the server files addAction checking can be disabled.  Personally, I'd prefer to see it set up so that you can add a list of allowed addActions, just like they have for global vars now.  That way any addActions not whitelisted would be blocked.  

Same, i would love to basicly whitelist some addaction i think that could work and the AH will still keep it safe

Yep keydown or keyup.

Set a hotkey for all your admin addactions.

hmm how about would i go about doing that any examples or a wiki page i could link to?

i tought of this before like this i found on the wiki but coudn't wrap my head around it

moduleName_keyDownEHId = (findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "hint str _this;"];