Freeze on server enter?

Horrification

How do you join servers? Through a launcher like A3 Launcher? Or through the Arma 3 multiplayer menu?

I had a similar sounding issue...though quiet possibly not the same as yours. I had stopped using 3rd party launchers like DayZ Commander or A3 Launcher a while ago and started using just the in game multiplayer menu to find and join servers. This wasn't without problems in and of itself however. I started experiencing a problem with joining servers if I let the list of found servers fully populate. I could easily join the first server of my choice, but if I wanted to leave that server and choose another from the list, I found that the list wouldn't re-populate. If I tabbed out of the game and attempted to load any websites in a browser I would always get a message indicating the site couldn't be found or that I wasn't connected to the internet. I knew this wasn't the case because my connection to TeamSpeak was still working fine. Occasionally the list would partially populate with servers, but I would always get a "Unable to join" message when trying to join any of them. Nothing I did seemed to allow access to other servers or web sites unless I fully restarted my computer and sometimes power cycled my router too.

What I now do currently is; I look up the IP address for a server through gametracker.com or A3 Launcher and just enter that in as a remote connection in the multiplayer menu in Arma 3. Since I am accessing the Remote menu and not allowing the server list to fully populate I am no longer having any issues with joining multiple servers in one sitting. The only issues I might have now would be incompatible mods or outdated versions, etc.

When our server does a restart it takes about 10 min before anyone can get in. Dont know if this is normal or not, Also for was wondering the server I play on run a tavi server as well as a chernal server. can u run those on 2 different databases or does it have to be run on the same one?

• Republic of Gamers
  • Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz)
  • 16GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8.1 64-Bit
  • 16.4 x 12.5" x 0.9"-1.7" 8.4 lbs.
  • DL DVD±RW/CD-RW

Im using the regular Arma 3 multiplayer. I have installed the allinarma terrain and I made sure it was enabled. I downloaded it through Utorrent.

• Republic of Gamers
  • Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz)
  • 16GB Memory 1TB HDD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8.1 64-Bit
  • 16.4 x 12.5" x 0.9"-1.7" 8.4 lbs.
  • DL DVD±RW/CD-RW

Im using the regular Arma 3 multiplayer. I have installed the allinarma terrain and I made sure it was enabled. I downloaded it through Utorrent.

Nice enough computer specs, but I don't think your issue is with your computer hardware.

Perhaps the issue is that you downloaded the AiA terrain pack from Utorrent and not the official armaholic page.

Try this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26682

Also, are you unable to join one specific server, or all Epoch servers? Are you able to join other mods like KOTH (King of the Hill) or Wasteland?