Setup A3 Epoch Server

hamthejam

Question

7 answers to this question

Install the required microsoft c++ redistributables, 2005 onwards will do, also install the latest Directx

Make a new folder, call it A3Epoch or something you find suitable

Download the A3 server files, you don't need the full game, copy them to your A3Epoch folder (or what you called it)

Follow the instructions in the server files

You'll need Bec, grab it from the source > http://ibattle.org/Downloads/Bec.zip

Once Bec is setup (schedular for messages and restart etc) then copy the 'watchdog' plugin from the server files to your Becs plugin location

Edit epochah.hpp to include yours and your other admins PID

Start Redis, start Bec, start the server (a bat file will do, personally i use FireDaemon)

Go play :)

If you encounter issues see

It's easier to setup A3 Epoch than A2 as you no longer have to mess around with PHPMyAdmin, Redis works fine and is so easy to setup, make sure what you have in Redis.conf matches epochserver.ini

Optional but change the maxmemory in Redis.conf to 2GB as myself and others have had issues with the default 4GB

Install the required microsoft c++ redistributables, 2005 onwards will do, also install the latest Directx

Make a new folder, call it A3Epoch or something you find suitable

Download the A3 server files, you don't need the full game, copy them to your A3Epoch folder (or what you called it)

Follow the instructions in the server files

You'll need Bec, grab it from the source > http://ibattle.org/Downloads/Bec.zip

Once Bec is setup (schedular for messages and restart etc) then copy the 'watchdog' plugin from the server files to your Becs plugin location

Edit epochah.hpp to include yours and your other admins PID

Start Redis, start Bec, start the server (a bat file will do, personally i use FireDaemon)

Go play :)

If you encounter issues see

It's easier to setup A3 Epoch than A2 as you no longer have to mess around with PHPMyAdmin, Redis works fine and is so easy to setup, make sure what you have in Redis.conf matches epochserver.ini

Optional but change the maxmemory in Redis.conf to 2GB as myself and others have had issues with the default 4GB

Thanks Richie, two things:

- Bec link is dead

- You say A3 don't need a database?

Bec link does work and as Prone says, Redis is the database now

Yes it's working now thx, dunno why it didn't work a few hours ago..

And concerning the Redis do I need to include a path to the start redis .cmd file in my Bec bat file? Does this needs to be started before the server?