@ the BattlEye filter pros

Nasdero

Hi folks,

I am trying to understand BE Filters, I used this page: http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/

So in createvehicle.txt I can find this:

5 "" !="I_UAV_01_F" !="(I|B|O)_UAV_AI" !"_EPOCH" ....
5 "_EPOCH" !="(SapperHead|Jack)_SIM_EPOCH" ....
5 SeaGull

5 ""  !="I_UAV_01_F" !="(I|B|O)_UAV_AI" !"_EPOCH"...

^ except _EPOCH is included, is it like *_EPOCH* ? Can be everywhere? blub_EPOCH , blub_EPOCH_blub and _EPOCH_blub

^ so creating of I_UAV_A , B_UAV_A and O_UAV_A is ok

^ it is not allowed to create anything, except the exceptions

5 "_EPOCH" !="(SapperHead|Jack)_SIM_EPOCH" ....

^ why is _EPOCH here? There is an exception for _Epoch in the first row, here it says everything is forbidden with _Epoch inside, except SapperHead_SIM_EPOCH and Jack_SIM_EPOCH.

The only thing I can imagine, that BE is handling row by row, so sequential. So if first line has been processed, BE will start over with the next row and so on?

Am I right?

Thx for your attention :D,

Nasdero

Everything is forbidden except UAVs and vehicles with "_EPOCH", in the first place.

"_EPOCH" then gets his own check with his own exceptions.

This is common practice to keep BE filters readable and make it easier to edit/add specific exceptions.

So basically what You wrote, just simplified for better understanding (I hope).

Ok thx.

One more questions, nothing to do with Epoch but BE.
I got a Mission running, I didn't made it, but there are no BE Filter, so I made them, everything is running fine, just one problem:

setvariable.log
31.03.2015 20:38:14: Nasdero (11.222.33.44:62049) 0bd0912345678901234567890a66260c - Value Restriction #0 "waitingrespawn" = true 2:3 O_SoldierU_SL_F

what ever I use in setvariableval.txt, I will be kicked, only 1 "" will not kick me.

I tried:

5 "" !="\"waitingrespawn\" = true 2:3 O_SoldierU_SL_F"

also

5 "" !="waitingrespawn"

also

5 "" !"waitingrespawn"

Any ideas? Tried now a lot of time and searched google to solve it, but no success.

ok thx,

so what I understand until now, I will do 1 "" in every file, play the mission and use all the items, look into the logfiles, make exceptions in that files which are responsible for the logfiles and do change 1 "" to 5 "".

But not for this three files:

publicvariableval.txt <= I can not use 5 "" I have to declare every forbidden variable and make exceptions, I hope it is ok when I use your publicvariableval.txt

setvariableval.txt <= same like above

scripts.txt <= I can not use 5 "" I have to declare every forbidden scipts and make exception for the scripts in the mission which are using them

I'll try 5 "spawn" !="waitingrespawn" this afternoon, I hope it will work.