Noob Server Setup :)

DeadandGone

Question

Hi there,

Been playing this mod for the for the last few months and really love it so as I have a few spare servers online I thought I would try to build my own.  I've setup BEC and I have the Redis Server up and running and finally Arma 3 server running and waiting for connections.

I Connect to the server and all seems ok, I can see my client accessing and Bec's see's the client accessing the server but I get stuck on Starting Epoch...... menu which finally times out and sometimes I see a Battle Eye kick message saying Public Variable Restriction #0, now I checked in the FAQ and confirmed that the Watchdog plugin is loading when I open BEC up but I still get this error message. 

I've attached the RPT file if anyone can have a quick look to see what could be wrong?  I'm also running server 0.2.5.2 and the @Epoch folder is taken from 0.2.5.0 RC1 as that seems to be the only version I can get from the download links..

Any help would be most welcome!

arma3server_2015-03-25_07-55-50.txt

25 answers to this question

And this is what I see from the A3Master log file :-

23:54:12 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.198)
23:54:12 Host identity created.
23:54:13 Game Port: 2952, Steam Query Port: 2953
23:54:42 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #0 (127.0.0.1:52476) logged in
23:56:30 EgyKiller uses modified data file
23:56:30 BattlEye Server: Player #0 EgyKiller (87.115.181.48:2304) connected
23:56:30 Player EgyKiller connecting.
23:56:30 Mission Epoch Mod read from bank.
23:56:31 BattlEye Server: Player #0 EgyKiller - GUID: REMOVED (unverified)
23:56:32 Player EgyKiller connected (id=REMOVED).
23:56:32 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (REMOVED) of player #0 EgyKiller
23:56:54 Roles assigned.
23:56:54 Reading mission ...
23:59:07 Mission read.
23:59:09 Game started.
23:59:52 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #0 (127.0.0.1:52476) logged in
 0:02:19 Player EgyKiller kicked off by BattlEye: PublicVariable Restriction #0
 0:02:19 Player EgyKiller disconnected.
 0:03:17 EgyKiller uses modified data file
 0:03:17 BattlEye Server: Player #0 EgyKiller (87.115.181.48:2304) connected
 0:03:17 Player EgyKiller connecting.
 0:03:19 BattlEye Server: Player #0 EgyKiller - GUID: REMOVED (unverified)
 0:03:19 Player EgyKiller connected (id=REMOVED).
 0:03:19 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (REMOVED) of player #0 EgyKiller
 0:06:37 Player EgyKiller kicked off by BattlEye: PublicVariable Restriction #0
 0:06:37 Player EgyKiller disconnected.

Redis should be saying something along the lines of "The server is ready to accept connections on port 6379"

Your RPT should be showing the game started,  that it's spawning in vehicles and random loot etc, yours doesn't get that far, most likely because Redis isn't running properly.

and the correct port is the server port I assume?  So Redis connects to the server and this is setup in the EpochServer.ini file under [Redis] if so my setup is like this :-

[Redis]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2952
DB = 0
Password = REMOVED

but when I start Redis it says The server is now ready to accept connections on port 6379?

passwords are the same I've set the port back to 6379 om tje redis config file but still dont see any changes, I'm having to use a 32bit version of the redis-server as the os is windows 2008 32bit version... so maybe it's a different version of redis-server that wont work with this setup?  If so does anyone have a 32bit version if not Ill try another server that has 64bit on it.

what I dont understand is that I can connect to the server and it assignes me a role and then starts saying reading mission in the servers arma 3 server so how come the server isn't running?

Also I notice when trying to connect that I see in the log BattleEye Server: Could not connect to BE Master followed by update attempt failed?

My startup batch file is this :-

start "arma3server" /min /high "arma3server.exe" -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=SC\config.cfg -port=2952 -profiles=SC -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -name=SC -enableHT -malloc=system

anything wrong with that?

sorry I ment clean scripts as in ones that start missions, there was a server I liked to play on that would spawn a convoy and of 4 or 5 trucks and you would have voices on the mics saying spotted convoy and you can go and ambush them for lots of loot :)  Those sorts of scripts if they exist that is...

another question if I may...

I'm trying to set myself as the server owner in epochah.hpp and my config looks like this :-

adminMenu_Owner [] = {"76561198005023610","Adminname"};

now when this is added the server starts up but I get kicked for PublicVariable Restriction #0 before I even log in again... if I remove that steam ID and log in it works fine...

any ideas how to solve that one?

ok well I was getting carried away... I had 0.2.5.2 setup and working even had the admin working... so I thought I would try to upgrade to the latest and greatest and the server starts up fine but when I connect to my server (91.121.211.67:2952) I get an error saying :-

Files "dta\bin.pbo", "dta\core.pdo", "dta\languagecore_f.pbo" (and some more files :)) are not signed by a key accepted by this server.  To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys?  What keys need to be installed?  I did a quick search but nothing seems to return a solution?

ok, yes I'm back again...

latest and greatest version of epoch up and running and I wanted to add a script that displayed the players info at the bottom of the screen, however no matter what script I keep reading about a file named init.sqf and putting files into the mission or missions folders...

ok sorry for asking but is there a general guide on how to install custom scripts, I don't want to break the mods code and I believe there is some way of doing this and I am normally half decent when it comes to finding things but would some kind soul give me a hand with just showing me how to setup one script and then I should be able to take it from there :) sorry to bother guys!