Explosives !

IReeceI

If I may shed some light from the PVE side of things. Its no fun logging in at your base to have shots fired from any which way not knowing how many people are out there taking shots at an "empty" base just to find your vehicle/s already destroyed etc.

My first request would be that a base be indestructable if the owner or group owning the base is offline, there is no fun in working days on gathering the resources to build a base to only have it destroyed by a bunch of 12 year olds out on school holiday.

Then also the community must needs realise that not all players have the ability or the means to join numerous servers due to infrastructure contraints and various other reasons. We here have 6 servers to choose from with pings lower than 200ms, none of them are PVE only. So if I want to play Epoch I'm forced to take part in PVP even if its not what I enjoy. I enjoy the random spawing baddies, Sappers, drones, looting and building but a player camping out on a tower with a nightstalker trained at my base waiting for me to login not as much. In the past two weeks we had to defend our little piece of Altis 8 times. Sometimes even twice on the same day. It resulted in us building an extra base just to have a place to hide away for a bit, taking up additional space in the world counter etc.

So after spending some time thinking about this I came up with a couple of ideas that will aid both PVP and PVE players playing on the same servers.

1. Once you place an explosive on a base panel (ie in range of jammer) your own jammer is flagged for PVP, making your own base attackable for a period of time (admin adjustable).

2. Have "safe zones" for building with a built limit per jammer (for instance 50 pieces instead of 100), if you want a base the size of fort Knox go build in the danger zone.

3. Have players flag themselves for PVP or PVE. Once flagged that persists for an amount of time (admin adjustable)

4. Bases of players offline are by default indestructable but once they log in the return to normal.

I know this might not be to everyones taste however I do think it might encourage larger numbers on servers as well as allowing both PVP and PVE to share the same servers. Epoch is not just a PVP or just a PVE mod its both, just need some way to give both parties an equal share of the pie

sorry but I think this is a horrible idea with too much work involved to get it off the ground ,

1. how would this even work? would it show on map? how they know which base is yours? .. again awful idea.

2. separate safe zones for pve players I just don't like the sound of this at all

3. flagging themselves for pvp/pve how would this even work? how will you know who is who? is it broadcasted to the entire server? seems as though this just negates any kind of stealth.

4. the only way I see a compromise is if the base was a little stronger when offline and normal damage when online. that way they can still try and breach your home while offline but it will cost more in explosives and time , having it indestructible just leaves it open to abuse , oh my base just got attacked I better logout so it doesn't get damaged.

if you want this stuff id suggest making your own pve server. as a pvp player I would have no interest in any of these ideas except maybe 4. , where the base isn't indestructible but maybe a little stronger while your sleeping , even when online and you logout your base will be normal damage for a period of time so you cant abuse it and run away from a fight.

or if you could make jammers indestructible , that way they can breach your walls and doors , steal your stuff but your "hard work" of building a base isn't ruined by "12 year olds" who enjoy this type of play. so when you logon your precious base is still mostly intact , only some wall/doors will be down and some of your hello kitty lunchboxes would be gone.

Epoch for me is about building a base , preparing it for raids and building up supplies to go on base raids .. you take this away and epoch quickly loses its essence and becomes a shell of what its supposed to be.

sorry but I think this is a horrible idea with too much work involved to get it off the ground ,

1. how would this even work? would it show on map? how they know which base is yours? .. again awful idea.

2. separate safe zones for pve players I just don't like the sound of this at all

3. flagging themselves for pvp/pve how would this even work? how will you know who is who? is it broadcasted to the entire server? seems as though this just negates any kind of stealth.

4. the only way I see a compromise is if the base was a little stronger when offline and normal damage when online. that way they can still try and breach your home while offline but it will cost more in explosives and time , having it indestructible just leaves it open to abuse , oh my base just got attacked I better logout so it doesn't get damaged.

if you want this stuff id suggest making your own pve server. as a pvp player I would have no interest in any of these ideas except maybe 4. , where the base isn't indestructible but maybe a little stronger while your sleeping , even when online and you logout your base will be normal damage for a period of time so you cant abuse it and run away from a fight.

or if you could make jammers indestructible , that way they can breach your walls and doors , steal your stuff but your "hard work" of building a base isn't ruined by "12 year olds" who enjoy this type of play. so when you logon your precious base is still mostly intact , only some wall/doors will be down and some of your hello kitty lunchboxes would be gone.

Epoch for me is about building a base , preparing it for raids and building up supplies to go on base raids .. you take this away and epoch quickly loses its essence and becomes a shell of what its supposed to be.

1 and 3 should be very easy, similar type thing is being done with the teams on wasteland servers. Blue, Red or green blocks. Even your group identifiers already exist. 2 can be very easily done if some thought was put into it. On number 4 I agree battle logging should be taken into account and the base should maybe remain at "Normal damage" until server reset.

I'm sure there are quite a few ways these type of things can be done though.