Files are not signed by a key accepted by this server

slayerrr

What sserver are you trying to connect to?

I had this before when a server was using an older version of the arma all in terain pack.

Chances are you are running the latest client side files, and the server you're connecting to is using an older version.

What client version do you have?

What server are you trying to connect to ?

Problem seems to be resolved now after 2-3 restarts of the game :D strange little bug.

Weirdly enough I have this bug too, is it possible it's because the client files on the site are currently more updated than the server files on the site? It seems that I have more recent client files than server files.. Although I downloaded them both from this site a few hours ago.

I'd been seeing (more than usual) players trying to join and then disconnecting the server. I've never had any trouble. (I HATE 3rd party launchers and wish people would just learn how to use a computer properly...but I digress..) So on a whim, I decided to see what would happen if I tried to join via A3Launcher (not the stock Arma3 Launcher which works great, btw). A3Launcher tells me my 0.2.5.2 Epoch Mod needs to be updated and doesn't match what is on the server. Say wut? I've been back and forth on it for several weeks. I can join fine through Steam or through the stock Arma3 Launcher. So I'm letting it re-download the mod and will try again. Makes no sense to me.

Whats the deal?

It's because A3 launcher renames the files, so @Epoch becomes @Epoch252, therefore the folder names differ even though the contents are the same.

Another snag i found is if the server runs all in arma terrain pack lite, like servers should do, A3 launcher tells users who have all in arma terrain pack normal they don't have the required files.

Much easier way is learn to launch manually, it's not that difficult once you know how :)

+1 on actually learning how to start up a game!

I keep my files named by version anyway (except the latest alpha's. I run them as @Epoch to ensure compatability.)

OMG. Its created a folder called @Epoch0252. I already have the files in @Epoch_0.2.5.2

Unbelievable. I wonder if it'll want to hold my penis while I piss?

</rant>

Ok... Now it's not working. I'm downloading the latest version from the website and then ticking the Epoch expansion in the menu and restarting the game, I then go to servers and they are all red basically saying I have the wrong version and then I get the same error.

Yeah, I just let the A3Launcher "update" and slowdownload the epoch mod files again because (according to it) my files didn't match the server files. After it "updates" my personal files, and I try to join my server through the A3Launcher I get the bad key error.

My server files (and the epoch files I installed) all came from this (the official) site. So what gives? Yet another reason I don't like 3rd party 'launchers'. How do I know its not just a ploy by an insidious designer to steer traffic to certain servers? <rhetorical muse>

Ok. So now my question is this: I have the keys for epoch 0.2.5.2 installed on my server that came from this site. Where do I get the keys the A3Launcher seems to think I should have on my server?

(What I'm referring to isn't .3.0.1 related......)

Version 0.3.0.1 can be downloaded from http://box-215232.kphservices.com/fileshare/share.php?uh=cnRmZjA3&s=S0AaDXRjiU7CxeP5N38MM0M1Vt0512C9

No user name required and the password is   ukgz

I have downloaded the official files from the website. This is the first time i've attempted to play Epoch, I understand how mods work and to load them but when I extract the files into the Arma3 main folder and enable the mod it still says there is an error. I will try your files instead of the torrented files and get back to you.

I have downloaded the official files from the website. This is the first time i've attempted to play Epoch, I understand how mods work and to load them but when I extract the files into the Arma3 main folder and enable the mod it still says there is an error. I will try your files instead of the torrented files and get back to you.

slayerrr, the files that Richie posted came out just minutes ago. Though I haven't gotten them downloaded, I'm sure they are just client files. afaik, the server files haven't been released to the public yet. At last count, there were only 3 test (developer) servers running that version. So, you'll only be able to join them with that mod version loaded until the server files are released to the public.

I'm curious about your problem with the 0.2.5.2 version. If you have time, see if you can join 74.91.112.3139:2312. Its kicking me when I use one set of files and not the other.

slayerrr, the files that Richie posted came out just minutes ago. Though I haven't gotten them downloaded, I'm sure they are just client files. afaik, the server files haven't been released to the public yet. At last count, there were only 3 test (developer) servers running that version. So, you'll only be able to join them with that mod version loaded until the server files are released to the public.

I'm curious about your problem with the 0.2.5.2 version. If you have time, see if you can join 74.91.112.3139:2312. Its kicking me when I use one set of files and not the other.

The files he gave me are 0.3.0.1 the files that I downloaded earlier too. There are 0.3.0.1 servers and I still can't connect to those.

Edit: I've managed to get into a server with only a few players on it, is it mainly because the servers haven't been updated yet?

Edit AGAIN! :D - It turns out the server was accepting any client version and it still failed to load into game.

Ok, here is what I've come up with so far.

The A3Launcher is now adding two files that are not in the official downloads (at least not the ones I downloaded from here).

a2_epoch_structures.pbo and a3_epoch_functions.pbo

Neither one of these files is downloaded with a bi.sign file. Remove these two files and I can join the server. Interesting.

Now, if I were to go ahead and add these two file to the server, I wonder what problems that could cause.

This is most exasperating.

Oi! I havent seen any complaints re the server files so release dem frickin server files so we can all move on from 252 without getting the version issues these other tards are getting. Nevermind wait another 2 weeks damn y'all :D