Modding the A3 maps. This looks cool

SkyDogs

I suggested chopping Altis in half and adding Stratis to the chosen half, while discarding the shit half. Someone replied saying it was against the BIS rules to meddle with the A3 maps and the thread was locked (I know, can you believe a thread would be locked for that?).

Then I find this.......

So what is the rule regarding A3 MAPS? Can the terrain be edited like in my initial suggestion, or are you just allowed to add extra A3 buildings to the terrain?

If you can add extra buildings to the terrain, why haven't you made Stratis less tumbleweed yet? 

You cannot edit BIS' content - I.E you cannot chop up thier maps to make your own.

You can add object prefabs/compositions to enhance the underlying map - Just as you have always been able to.

The video you posted is just of someone creating that prison (object) composition in the salt flats out of objects available in the game,. nothing more.. :)

, does look good though :)

Yeah it does....and Epoch is in desperate need for an alternative to Altis (I'm not counting ported maps as they're shite), and while Startis has the beautiful textures Altis has, it's just a desert wasteland once you move away from the airfield.

Why hasn't Stratis had a makeover yet?