[IDEA] Constant presence Zombie

egamestudio

isnt zombies what made epoch what it is today??  taking this away from epoch its just a wasteland with intergrated basebuilding and suicide bombers. zombies are probly 2012, without them back in the day this mod would of died within a click

I don't think Zombies is what made Epoch the Epoch it is today - I believe it is base building, economy, and the engineering genius in connecting these distinct building blocks together.

Zombies on the other hand, are not without accomplishments. They made two things so far:

1. They made DayZ Mod and (in turn DayZ Standalone) very popular.
  2. They made Dean Hall rich.

Epoch was a mod of a mod.  It modded DayZ, so we got zombies from DayZ.

Like mgm said, what made Epoch was the ability to build a base and have a trader economy.  Safes and lockboxes in a locked building and locked vehicles were quite a step up from hiding a tent or vehicle somewhere, hoping nobody would find it.  And being able to sell the junk you didn't want to buy something you did, but couldn't find was a pretty big step as well.

I wonder if they realize the negative impact this rock monster may have.

If someone thought satchel charges and base glitching was bad enough lets see what this thing does.

I suspect some servers may possibly lose players because of it.  There are enough issues with Arma as it is and we got a rock monster that may spawn and flatten a base in a matter of minutes and basically destroy everything?

I'm not really sure this is gonna go over to well as neat as the idea seems.

Wonder if they thought of that.

Suppose to be attracting players to come play the mod.. Not saying "Come on and play Epoch.  Don't think of making a base cuz it'll be flattened at any time". unless of course, that's their intentions.

I personally don't think players want to start over every time they log in cuz a rock monster came and crushed their base.

We will see I guess.

It'll either be "Cool.. a rock monster" or.. I'm not starting over, again. I'm done with Epoch"

Not trying to rain on their parade more than say there are 2 sides to every coin and sometimes you gotta think on both of them not just one.  

If someone thought satchel charges and base glitching was bad enough lets see what this thing does.

I suspect some servers may possibly lose players because of it. There are enough issues with Arma as it is and we got a rock monster that may spawn and flatten a base in a matter of minutes and basically destroy everything?

Suppose to be attracting players to come play the mod.. Not saying "Come on and play Epoch. Don't think of making a base cuz it'll be flattened at any time". unless of course, that's their intentions.

I personally don't think players want to start over every time they log in cuz a rock monster came and crushed their base.

We will see I guess.

It'll either be "Cool.. a rock monster" or.. I'm not starting over, again. I'm done with Epoch"

Not trying to rain on their parade more than say there are 2 sides to every coin and sometimes you gotta think on both of them not just one.

Pretty sure it still spawns on players so it shouldn't spawn around your base and/or try demolishing it unless someone is around or in it. I'm just speculating, I still haven't seen the damned thing myself.

Does it not just try to come at the player or does it just go juggernaut and smash things randomly?

I suspect some servers may possibly lose players because of it.  There are enough issues with Arma as it is and we got a rock monster that may spawn and flatten a base in a matter of minutes and basically destroy everything?

Suppose to be attracting players to come play the mod.. Not saying "Come on and play Epoch.  Don't think of making a base cuz it'll be flattened at any time". unless of course, that's their intentions.

We will see I guess.

The answer to your neverending nightmare: https://seafile.zombieapo.eu/f/242a4a90d0 Upload it to your EpochHive/addons folder, there you go. Indestructible bases.