Edit Safe Trader Location Chernarus

larsmos2011

Question

Hello, I didn't really know where to put this thread so I'll do it here.

I've got a little problem, the Safe Trader at Kozloska. The problem is if you buy a vehicle it spawns inside of the metal hall and explodes. isn't there a way to edit the location or at least the spawning point of the vehicles at this trader ? I already tried a few things but I am quite new to Epoch A3 and everything is so different to A2. 

thanks for any help :)

3 answers to this question

The best fix we always found was adding an invisible helipad nearby, clear of objects..

You will need to add it in your mission.sqm from your mpmissions/mission.pbo

If you need an exact fix I'll try something later today and post the exact lines to add, but hope you know your way around enough to do it yourself.

The classname you're looking for to place is : HeliHEmpty

From my head, since I haven't looked at those scripts in years, the spawn scripts look for the nearest helipad to spawn stuff on, and if that fails uses the findlocation thingy to safely place a vehicle; "Nearby" is not unlimited tho; it needs to be reasonable close.. We've had our fair share of spawn problems on Panthera also; It seems like the spawn script doesn't locate the helipad, uses the function to find a location which just is totally wrong on Panthera.. Ended up deleting the troublesome traders and only use the ones that worked :/

However; the "spawn random 300 meters away" we had on Altis cán be sorted with helipads, so it's a hit and miss.