Joystick support?

DEVIL_SE

Hey guys! I've been playing Epoch nonstop for the past few weeks. However, when our server installed the newly released update a couple days ago, my joystick stopped being recognized by Arma. This was the only change in settings and config between things working and things not working. Now whenever I get into a vehicle my mouse is locked as input for vehicle instead of freelook, and my joystick won't function at all. I disabled the Epoch mod on my own game and the joystick worked fine. When I re-enabled the mod the joystick stopped working, even outside of the server. This is quite perplexing since obviously I didn't make any changes to my clientside files.

Has anybdoy run in to something like this before? I've switched ports, turned off USB power saving, etc. and I have confirmed multiple times that enabling Epoch mod is what causes the trouble. JSRS, AIA, CBA, etc. all work fine.

Only when Epoch isn't enabled. With Epoch off the joystick shows up properly in the Configure Controllers menu, and all Axis, buttons, etc. work like they've always worked. With Epoch enabled, it disappears from the Configure Controllers menu and no buttons or axis work. I tried verifying local content, running Arma without the additional parameters (you CPUcount, memcount, etc.), running Arma from the Launcher instead of directly from Steam, running from an independent shortcut, etc. but all to no avail.

Only when Epoch isn't enabled. With Epoch off the joystick shows up properly in the Configure Controllers menu, and all Axis, buttons, etc. work like they've always worked. With Epoch enabled, it disappears from the Configure Controllers menu and no buttons or axis work. I tried verifying local content, running Arma without the additional parameters (you CPUcount, memcount, etc.), running Arma from the Launcher instead of directly from Steam, running from an independent shortcut, etc. but all to no avail.

I'd post it in the bug forums then. It may be due to some of the content Skaronator has disabled with Epoch.

• 4 weeks later...

If I don't load Epoch my joystick is seen. If I do load Epoch with the Arma launcher, my joystick, throttle, and rudder pedals are no longer seen. If I load Epoch with the -mod command line, my joystick is seen until I try to change a control, and the servers kick me for not having the correct mod loaded for some reason.

Maybe this info will help with troubleshooting the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

If I don't load Epoch my joystick is seen. If I do load Epoch with the Arma launcher, my joystick, throttle, and rudder pedals are no longer seen. If I load Epoch with the -mod command line, my joystick is seen until I try to change a control, and the servers kick me for not having the correct mod loaded for some reason.

Maybe this info will help with troubleshooting the issue.

what is the mod command?