Full RAM

Line2.lv

Hi guys, since I`m hosting Epoch ArmA 3 Server on my Dedicated server I see that my RAM slowly fills all the memory full.

I have a Dedicated Machine with 32 GB of Ram and when I start the server for first time since I restart my computer, it shows that I have filled up like 8 - 9 % of my Ram.

After 3 days it`s already 25 %, after 2 weeks it`s ~ 80 % .... When it comes to 95 %, the Dedicated server is really slow and I need to restart the computer.

I`m not doing anything else on the same computer, only My ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 servers and Windows scheduler for server restarts, that`s it....

It`s not relaited to ArmA 2, because the problem started when I launcher ArmA 3..

Have anybody notice same issue on your Dedicated server?

Notes!

• I have my own private Dedicated server.
  • Redis config memory is set to default >> maxmemory 4gb
  • (Using Windows OP) When I go to my Task Manager / Memory / I do not see any Process that commits (uses) so much memory but the Used ram is almost full
  • I have tryed many different Computer cleaners, etc etc... Nothing

I have a Bi xeon, 64Gb of ram, with 2To raid0/raid 1 (hard drive SAS). I have a a hypervisor (it's a Debian Xen, you can do same with proxmox, Vmware, ...).

I have a virtual machine with WIndows 7 ,4 vCPU, 8Gb of ram and a virtual machine Debian with 4Go with redis database. My arma server is max at 60% of ram but this is an exception (because the virtual machine is never restart ...)

Redis on Linux is better ... 

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i'm french (noob english spotted)

The Epoch servers restarts every 4 hours I guess?  Does it completely shutdown arma3server.exe ?

What is your command line parameters for the batchfile that starts your server?

FYI : I reboot my physical server once per month; game takes around 1Gb, en never grows really.

Windows can secretly "steal" a lot of memory, indeed.

Opening the taskmanager won't reveal the program taking so extremely much, but when you go in that window to perfomance->resource monitor->Memory you probably will see svchost(netsvcs) taking a huge chunk.

There are numeral causes and fixes/patches, so google svchost netsvcs high memory and work from there.. If it's another process, google for that one :)