Plot4life or plot management which one

roachyuk

Question

24 answers to this question

Hello,

There is not much diffrance between the two Addons, altough they are both unique.

Character ID:

This is a ID everyone gets when they first spawn, for instance i join the server i get character ID 1. Roachy joins the server and gets Character ID 2 and Nekuan joins the server and gets Charcter ID 3. I (character ID 1) die, i do not get Character ID 2 or 3, no i get Character ID 4. So a character ID is a ID that changes a lot.

Steam ID:

A Steam ID is a ID that stays the same, it does not change because you die.

Plotpole for life

What it does is instead of the plotpole being tied to your Character ID , its being tied to your Steam ID. That means, you stay owner of the plotpole after death and it will allow you to build on this plot. Although, you cannot add your friends to the plot which means you will need to keep tagging each other as friendly (after a restart) to be able to let your friend use your claimed plot. 

But once you go offline after a server restart, you cannot tag your friend as friendly that means that your plotpole does not know that you and your friend are friends. And it will block your friend from building on your plot.

Plot management

This uses a different system But similar. Once you have placed your plotpole, you will need to then add yourself to the plotpole and you can build after you died. You can also add your friends to the plotpole and they can always use the plotpole, your friends can be removed from the plotpole.

It also contains maintaining features and can be used together with the gold coin system. 

Hope i've helped out and let me know if you have any more questions or issue's.

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

www.OmegaGamers.com

Hello,

If you want the protective server yes, for those who want a system where u can build after you die but also have the ability to take over someones plotpole and claim his base, i would recommend Plot Pole for life :)

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

Still Plot Management is somewhat made for Plot4Life. If you use PlotManagement without P4L it's somewhat useless. Yes, you can build after you die but you can't upgrade objects without replacing the Plotpole. It will also break the players ability to remove placed modulars. PlotManagement is for owners to manage WHO is allowed to build it has a completely different goal than P4L.

Yep that is pretty much correct.

With Plot Management, Zupa has provided a nice GUI for managing the plot builders.  The people who can build are stored with the plot pole record by SteamID.

With my A Plot for Life, it uses the standard Epoch friendlies tagging system.  The owner can build, of course, and any friendlies.  Epoch has a max limit of 5 friendlies that get stored in each player character DB record.  I added the take ownership option so plot pole owners can take ownership of all buildables in range allowing full build control over a plot they have 'captured' or just to align plots with the new system used in A Plot for Life.  Snap Build Pro and Precise Base Building are also included with their creaters consent.

If you like the plot management GUI then put them both on would be my suggestion.  If you are not too bothered with the GUI then A Plot for Life will probably do.

@Dutchy.

The tagging system should not be affected by a server restart.  People you tag are saved in your character record on the DB (CurrentState field in character_data).  There is one trick to it though.  As standard in Epoch, the tagged friendly player has to look at the plot owner after logging in before they can build on the owners plot even if already tagged as friendly.  I suspect that was put in to stop 'friendly tagged' players causing problems building without the owner being aware that their plot was being modified.

If that is not what is causing the issue for you then post in the A Plot for Life thread and I will see if I can help you to get to the bottom of the issue.

Hellom

@Dutchy.

The tagging system should not be affected by a server restart.  People you tag are saved in your character record on the DB (CurrentState field in character_data).  There is one trick to it though.  As standard in Epoch, the tagged friendly player has to look at the plot owner after logging in before they can build on the owners plot even if already tagged as friendly.  I suspect that was put in to stop 'friendly tagged' players causing problems building without the owner being aware that their plot was being modified.

If that is not what is causing the issue for you then post in the A Plot for Life thread and I will see if I can help you to get to the bottom of the issue.

Yea thats what i ment, so after a server restart and your friend (the owner of the plot pole) logs off, you cannot build because the "handshake" cannot be made anymore.

Regards,

Dutchy

Hello,

If you just want people to build with friends and after death, i recommend using plot management.

If you are looking for a addon that allows people to take over ones base, i recommend using plot for life. 

Using both of them has no point.

Your call :)

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

To clear up any confusion...

A Plot for Life.

For Plot Owners

A Plot for life allows you to build on any plot you own including after death. 

For people tagged as friendly

It also alows you to build on someone elses plot if you have them tagged as friendly and after you look at the owners game character one time after logging in (each time you login).  This is to prevent people building on plots you own without you at least being aware some building is going on (a 'friend' deciding to grief your base cannot do so if they login and cannot look at your game character that session).  That feature is standard Epoch.

Take Ownership (can be turned on or off)

Takes ownership of all buildable items and assigns these items to the current plot pole owner.  If someone else has built something on your plot then you don't have to do 6 cycles to remove it (friendlies take twice as long to remove as the items owner in standard Epoch).  You also need ownership rights to remove the majority of buildables.  You can raid and hold a base but cannot build and remove as if it was built by you unless you are able to take ownership (unless other custom mods have changed the standard Epoch behaviour).  Locked items are excluded from the take ownership function meaning you still have to tran and break in to safes and locked doors.

Open doors and safes you own without needing to supply a combination.

This was a feature half implemented in Epoch but which could not be fully enabled due to how the object ownership data was stored with lockable items.  That has been fixed with A Plot for Life so owners do not need to provide codes for locks they own but still do for locks they do not own.

Merged with Precise Base Building and Snap Build Pro.

No need to install these mods seperately as they are already included merged and ready to run.  A new version of Vector Building is also completing testing to be compatible with A Plot for Life v2.5 and should be out soon.

Code optimisation.

During the development and maturity of A Plot for life, various other bits of the Epoch building system code have been 'tweeked' to make them more efficient.  Some common code blocks have been given their own external functions to cut down on code duplication and reduce file size. 

Plot management adds a nice simple GUI for plot builder management, enables building after death and removes the need for plot friendlies to 'see' the plot owners each time they login before they can start building.  It also has a version that integrates with the Single Currency system for paying for maintenance. 

Using both together is pretty simple and gives the functionality of A Plot for Life with a nice simple GUI for builder managment.

A scroll wheel system for builder management (add / remove builders, turn build rights on / off without builder removal etc), is planned for the next version of A Plot for Life but there is no current ETA (ie. it will not be soon).  I am currently spending some time on our new Arma 3 mod - Dominion.

If you want to disable maintenance completely, have a look for CleanupPlacedAfterDays in your hiveext.ini and change it to :

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

and remove

DZE_DamageBeforeMaint = 0.00;

from your init.sqf

Also, don't forget to remove any damage scripts you have running on your database. 

Mine is an SQL event and looks like this : 

UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET
`Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp`
< DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL)
OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

If you want to disable maintenance completely, have a look for CleanupPlacedAfterDays in your hiveext.ini and change it to :

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

and remove

DZE_DamageBeforeMaint = 0.00;

from your init.sqf

Also, don't forget to remove any damage scripts you have running on your database. 

Mine is an SQL event and looks like this : 

UPDATE `Object_DATA` SET
`Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp`
< DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL)
OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

how do i add this? i cant find any events in my db and im using php myadmin

id rather have no decay :( i had that setting CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1 in my Hive.ini but things were still despawning

Edited by Gil-Galed

Hello,

There is not much diffrance between the two Addons, altough they are both unique.

Character ID:

This is a ID everyone gets when they first spawn, for instance i join the server i get character ID 1. Roachy joins the server and gets Character ID 2 and Nekuan joins the server and gets Charcter ID 3. I (character ID 1) die, i do not get Character ID 2 or 3, no i get Character ID 4. So a character ID is a ID that changes a lot.

Steam ID:

A Steam ID is a ID that stays the same, it does not change because you die.

Plotpole for life

What it does is instead of the plotpole being tied to your Character ID , its being tied to your Steam ID. That means, you stay owner of the plotpole after death and it will allow you to build on this plot. Although, you cannot add your friends to the plot which means you will need to keep tagging each other as friendly (after a restart) to be able to let your friend use your claimed plot. 

But once you go offline after a server restart, you cannot tag your friend as friendly that means that your plotpole does not know that you and your friend are friends. And it will block your friend from building on your plot.

Plot management

This uses a different system But similar. Once you have placed your plotpole, you will need to then add yourself to the plotpole and you can build after you died. You can also add your friends to the plotpole and they can always use the plotpole, your friends can be removed from the plotpole.

It also contains maintaining features and can be used together with the gold coin system. 

Hope i've helped out and let me know if you have any more questions or issue's.

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

www.OmegaGamers.com

Nice explanation dude, Its helped me make up my mind :)