DayZ Epoch Caribou

Bradley20

How the heck do you get this map to work? I got the map (Caribou Frontier) from Armaholic and I tried installing into my "addons" folder for Epoch, but I get error messages when I try to join a server on DayzCommander. Doing a google search yields very little, in fact I am in the thread that is the first search result.

I did install Dayz Caribou on Dayz Commander, and it does work with normal Dayz. However, all the servers have the 3d person view disabled (which I can't stand) and the pings suck as they seem to be from Germany.

Oh and congrats to the Epoch crew as there are nearly twice the Epoch servers as vanilla Dayz. And Dayz Origins is gettin' smoked by you guys.

Set -mod=@Dayz_Epoch;@Caribou in your launch parameters. If that doesn't work get the IP and port of the server. Launch the game with the beta launcher. Make sure your expansions have @dayz epoch and @caribou frontier enabled. Click multiplayer, click remote. Enter the IP and port. Join the server.

Changed launch parameters, no change. Sorry I have no idea what beta launcher you are talking about. I am using DayzCommander. I tried two different Epoch Caribou Frontier servers and each one gives me a different error messages. Screen shots below.

arma2oa2013-11-0707-08-00-24.png

arma2oa2013-11-0707-07-28-59.png

So just to be clear, one should download the map data from armaholic (caribou frontier), unzIp/install contents into Epoch/addons folder, and then what? I am new to this modding/Dayz gig. DayzCommander has made things relatively painless. Now I am getting into mods of mods (Arma2-->Dayz-->Epoch) and things aren't as easy lol.

Also, I see Caribou Frontier servers and also just plain Caribou servers. What is up with that? I did see in your last change log that Caribou Frontier was supported, but now there is plain Caribou to make things more confusing.

Again, vanilla Dayz Caribou works fine, just can't get the Epoch Caribou Frontiers working. I am definitely doing something wrong.

Oh and thanks for the help Axle!

I do believe DayZ Commander doesn't show Epoch Caribou servers, even if you filter Epoch only and search Caribou. You normally need the IP and port for a specific server. If just typing Caribou without any filters, the results will come up for DayZ Caribou, which is a separate mod

I do believe DayZ Commander doesn't show Epoch Caribou servers, even if you filter Epoch only and search Caribou. You normally need the IP and port for a specific server. If just typing Caribou without any filters, the results will come up for DayZ Caribou, which is a separate mod

Yes it does show Epoch/Caribou servers, just doing the search for vanilla Dayz Caribou brings up mostly Epoch servers:

mlhp.jpg

Server mod line should be:

@CaribouFrontier;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;

Sorry for the noobness, but where do you add this line? I don't see and config files in my Epoch folder to add command lines.

Apparently you guys don't use DayzCommander to get into an Epoch/Caribou server. What should I be using to do this? The normal Arma 2 server finder built into the game?

ROM, you can do the below just so your able to join a server.

- Copy the IP/port for a server from your list in Commander.

- Go to Settings in DayZ Commander

- Under Additional Launch Parameters, add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@CaribouFrontier

- Hit the Launch DayZ option just under the Additional Launch Parameter.

- When the game is at the main menu, go to Multiplayer, and hit remote and paste that in and join.

This will get you in.

ROM, you can do the below just so your able to join a server.

- Copy the IP/port for a server from your list in Commander.

- Go to Settings in DayZ Commander

- Under Additional Launch Parameters, add -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@CaribouFrontier

- Hit the Launch DayZ option just under the Additional Launch Parameter.

- When the game is at the main menu, go to Multiplayer, and hit remote and paste that in and join.

This will get you in.

Thanks for the info. I haven't had time to try this yet. Been working straight 12 hour night shifts for 3 weeks now. I am off this weekend, but heading out to the Formula One race in Austin.

Hopefully I can get Caribou running next week. I see you have a server banner in your post. I added your Caribou server to my favorites in DayzCommander.

OK so I was able to get into the lobby. Hit OK to load up the game, everything seems fine, but then I don't get "authenticated". It times out and sends me back to the lobby. Tried several different servers and all the same. Sent back to the lobby after @ 90 seconds of attempting to authenticate.

No luck with this map on Epoch. I think I am installing something incorrectly. I extracted all the Caribou Frontier files to my Epoch/Addons folder. This is correct, yes?

Axle, i'm am running sahrani epoch but the traders-trade city are not there i have posted here asking for help no luck also sent HFB a support ticket this morning just looking for what i did wrong, it dose says 

Currently Supported Maps with Traders. 

OK so this is kicking my ass. I cannot get this map to work in Epoch. I have installed the contents of Caribou Frontier in several different places to no avail. My ARMA II install is a bit different then others. I have the steam version of ARMA II, but Operation Arrowhead is a non-steam version. So far I have had no problems getting any mods or maps to work except for this one, which the vanilla Dayz version works, btw.

Dayz and Epoch are in my steam folder. Installing Caribou Frontier in my Operaton Arrowhead directory, which is NOT in the steam folder does not work. I tried making a @CaribouFrontier folder and putting the folder in differnet places, but it does not work. I keep seeing instructions to place the data in your \SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead directory

but again, Operation Arrowhead is NOT in this location. And when I do put the data in that location it does not work at all. In my earlier attempts at least I was getting into the lobby. Only it would not 'authenticate'.

Run the game from steam, go to expansions and enable caribou. After that it will be loaded.

Copy the ip and port from the servers you finds in dayzC and specify your own by clicking remote in the server browser.

Starting from dayzc sometimes causes the expansions list to be empty..