Traders spawning outside of the map

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

8 answers to this question

You're using an old database would be my first thoughts, so it's loading up there old positions, you'll find vehicles are spawning wrong as well.

or you setup using the wrong mission.pbo

Chernarus works right out the box, maybe post your RPT log, might shed more light.

You're using an old database would be my first thoughts, so it's loading up there old positions, you'll find vehicles are spawning wrong as well.

or you setup using the wrong mission.pbo

Chernarus works right out the box, maybe post your RPT log, might shed more light.

Richie is right,

I had the same issue cause I used the same DB ID as Altis...

Yeah that would do it.  It was reading the old vehicle and trader positions.  For my test server I have a separate Redis server instance for Altis, Chernarus and Bornhom.  Depending on what I'm testing I'll switch back and forth between the different instances.  It's a bit of a hassle to have to switch back and forth but it prevents issues like you've had there.  

Yeah that would do it.  It was reading the old vehicle and trader positions.  For my test server I have a separate Redis server instance for Altis, Chernarus and Bornhom.  Depending on what I'm testing I'll switch back and forth between the different instances.  It's a bit of a hassle to have to switch back and forth but it prevents issues like you've had there.  

With my host, there's a simple "Reset database" icon in the control panel, so wiping the database isn't a big deal when testing different maps since it's only a test server. I don't think I could have separate databases for each map with my host anyway.

Yes, if you previously used the Database for another map you will either need to create a new DB instance and point to that instance in your epochserver.ini and redis.conf...or wipe the database and start over clean...that's what I did.

I did notice though the traders are spawning pretty close to one another....I realize the map isn't that big, but I feel that they should be a little more spread out.

Izz