Namalsk weather Snow|Rain Storms

Gorgy

• 2 weeks later...

to change the weather values manually you will have to set the timer in epochconfig to a value that fits your reboot time (default is 1200 sec) and make a script that runs from init.sqf

Unfortunately they coupled the weather change time with the events (Container/Earthquakes). So you might loose those events.

I was playing with heavy overcast/rain/fog values to make it more "creepy" on Altis. But its calculated even in Buildings so it looks very cool outside but in buildings its just a mess (an i guess the snow effect will also apply inside buildings)

hows your server going? u find lots of map glitches?

Our server switched to bornholm because most of our team-members dont like the big AiA download but on namalsk we did not find so many glitches

some players reported glitches in AII (falling trough the floor and other stuff) but this should be fixable by placing something in the editor to you won't fall through anymore

Our server switched to bornholm because most of our team-members dont like the big AiA download but on namalsk we did not find so many glitches

some players reported glitches in AII (falling trough the floor and other stuff) but this should be fixable by placing something in the editor to you won't fall through anymore

I wanna attempt fixing all issues, I have identified two map glitches so far, I have just added 4 atms, and will have three more in trader cities.

I need to work out how to reduce all the .rpt warrnings about missing addons etc....

Do you know of any cool scripts/addons such as extreme weather, blood suckers, that are for namalsk and work on a3.

I wanna attempt fixing all issues, I have identified two map glitches so far, I have just added 4 atms, and will have three more in trader cities.

I need to work out how to reduce all the .rpt warrnings about missing addons etc....

Do you know of any cool scripts/addons such as extreme weather, blood suckers, that are for namalsk and work on a3.

for scripts i only had the blowout and snow script form namalsk and also edited the lootspawner script to get some loot in the Namalsk buildings

i tried some scripts for some extreme weather but i couldn't get them to work

Working on getting a cold weather script working that will take health and stamina if your not dressed appropriately. Have foggy breath working and have a fog script that needs work to make it a bit more realistic. Remember to warn your players about the bridges as well! Going to trying placing some objects in where the road meets bridge to fix the terrain glitch.

Working on getting a cold weather script working that will take health and stamina if your not dressed appropriately. Have foggy breath working and have a fog script that needs work to make it a bit more realistic. Remember to warn your players about the bridges as well! Going to trying placing some objects in where the road meets bridge to fix the terrain glitch.

that sounds cool, you mind sharing the fog breath script? i was thinking about similar cold weather efficting temperature, surely if your temperature drops that will effect health? what is the default? 100? 

i did not know the bridge on namalsk had issues? the only issues i found is the ground glitch in Object A2, and invisible building in the city

Sure thing. Just exec from init.sqf. Still WIP but am away next few days. cheers

// original creator unknown, made up of several script fragments and modified by happydayz - WIP

doobreath = {
	private ["_pos", "_ps"];
	sleep random 2;
	_pos = _this selectionposition "neck";
	while {_this distance player < 800 and alive _this and vehicle _this == _this and _pos select 2 != 0} do {
		_pos = _this selectionposition "neck";
		_ps = "#particlesource" createvehiclelocal getpos _this;
		_ps setparticleparams [["\ca\data\particleeffects\universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 13, 0], "", "Billboard", 0.5, 0.5, [_pos select 0, (_pos select 1) + 0.15, _pos select 2], [0, 0.2, -0.2], .1, 1.275, 1, 0.2, [0, 0.2, 0], [[1, 1, 1, 0.01], [1, 1, 1, 0.01], [1, 1, 1, 0]], [1000], 1, 0.04, "", "", _this];

//Drop [ShapeName, AnimationName, 																	Type, 								TimerPeriod, 			      LifeTime, Position, MoveVelocity, RotationVelocity, Weight, Volume, Rubbing, Size, Color, AnimationPhase, RandomDirectionPeriod, RandomDirectionIntensity, OnTimer, BeforeDestroy, Object]

//The Color is number 13 of the params: [[0.1,0,0,0],[0.3,0,0,0.3]]
		//First part is the (starting?) color, second part seems to be the color change of the particles. 

//_ps setparticleparams [["\ca\data\particleeffects\universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 13, 0], "", "Billboard", 0.5, 0.5, [LifeTime], [Position], MoveVelocity, RotationVelocity, Weight, Volume, [Rubbing], [[1, 1, 1, thickness of fog], [1, 1, 1, thickness of fog], [1, 1, 1, 0]], [1000], 1, 0.04, "", "", _this];

_ps setparticlerandom [3, [0, 0, 0], [.1, .1, .1], 0, 0.5, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0, 10]; 

//_ps setparticlerandom [lifeTime, position, moveVelocity, rotationVelocity, size, color, randomDirectionPeriod, randomDirectionIntensity, {angle}, bounceOnSurface]

_ps setdropinterval 0.001;
		_this setvariable ["runningbreath", floor time + 5]; 
		sleep 0.25; //length of exhalation
		deletevehicle _ps;
		sleep 8 + random 2;
	};
};

[] spawn {
	while {true} do {
		sleep 5;
		//add or remove any units/ai etc that you do or dont want to have foggy breath

_near = nearestobjects [player, ["Epoch_Male_F","Epoch_Female_F","I_Soldier_EPOCH", "Epoch_Cloak_F", "C_man_w_worker_F", "C_man_w_worker_F", "C_Orestes", "C_man_shorts_4_F_asia", "C_man_hunter_1_F", "C_man_p_fugitive_F_afro", "C_journalist_F", "C_scientist_F"], 500];
		{
			if (alive _x and vehicle _x == _x and _x getvariable ["runningbreath", -1] < time) then {
				_x setvariable ["runningbreath", floor time + 5];
				_x spawn doobreath;
			};
		} foreach _near;
	};
};