[Suggestion] Upgrade-able armor for cars and removal of the hunter/ifrit?

AdmiralAK

Hey guys, 

I was thinking that as a solution to having militarized vehicles in the game we could upgrade vehicles like the Zamak or HEMMT with scrap metal/ steel in stages to add armor to the sides, front, windows etc 

hell maybe even putting a snow plow on the front ;) 

you could work it like 5 Large scrap metal + fire + Vehicle repair kit = Armor windows

A further 6 Large scrap + fire + 2 vehicle repair kits = Armored wheels  

Another 7 large scrap metal + fire + 2 vehicle repair kits = large snow plow/ front guard 

Maybe make the parts degradable after a certain period of time or un repairable so you would have to re build the specified armor? 

Just an idea like but it would add more to do and more reason to scavenge once established :) 

The Hunter and Ifrit aren't part of Arma 3 Epoch by default so the simple solution for that part is to just not put them on the server. I've always liked the idea of upgraded vehicles. Of course it's extra work for the Epoch team if the upgrade is going to go beyond a statistical effect and actually changes the physical appearance of the vehicles. I always thought it was disappointing in Dayz Epoch that the upgraded vehicles there didn't look any different.

The Hunter and Ifrit aren't part of Arma 3 Epoch by default so the simple solution for that part is to just not put them on the server. I've always liked the idea of upgraded vehicles. Of course it's extra work for the Epoch team if the upgrade is going to go beyond a statistical effect and actually changes the physical appearance of the vehicles. I always thought it was disappointing in Dayz Epoch that the upgraded vehicles there didn't look any different.

Actully the hunter is part of Epoch by default, you'll have them on your server unless you removed them ?

Classname for them is 'B_MRAP_01_Epoch'