Decent Stairs plz!!

DayZ Vet

So ive tryed bulid a base loads of times and when i get to the stairs it wont snap the right way round, and then ill try and move them and it will move something else, witch means that part wont snap back without rebuilding the whole base from the start again.

Hope you refine this stuff as its in alpha, base parts killing you without landing on you or the horrid stairs, and theres gaps between walls after snaping are just some of a long list of things that are flawed with the whole building stuff, As a basis for a building tool it feels like a big step back from (A2 EPOCH) and not a great thing platform to build upon, A2 epoch building was flawless with snap pro and otheres, Witch is a shame as it probably to late to redo the whole thing, Who ever thought this would be ok and acceptable needs to be sacked!!

Everything else i love about the game the way the traders work the arma 3 engine and so on, but the building sucks!!

Yeah i tryed that, the only thing wrong with that is the walls that go on top of the stairs after freemode wont line up with the rest of the walls, be good if the jammer was not as tall and could fit in a single storey height then i wont even have to build another storey on top.

Yeah I must say I've noticed the same problem with the stairs, it seems that the don't fit properly into the same space as the wooden floor item. Ramps have the same problem. You get them all lined up and when you place them they suddenly move into a totally different position.

This is in align and free mode.

I don't think calling for someone to be sacked is fair though, this is still an alpha :)

hers a shameless self promotion, for anyone interested in bse building, yes the system atm isnt the best but with a few tricks and some practise you can build some nice bases

http://youtu.be/WAopCPpy9RQ?list=PLm6NfdQ3NmL_z9JzU_RQj6hoC5eZIPiW0

i try and show most of the basics through out the early vids, but if ive mised anything let me know, i still have plenty of ideas for vids to record but its just a case of time.