If you need help

machine6fd

Question

If anyone needs help setting up a server or fixing issues with their server I can help. I don't need/want anything in exchange. I just enjoy helping out. you can join my TS: 198.27.83.216:10029 poke me if you need help. If I'm not on ts try my steam: machine6fd 

Again I don't need anything in return just want to help. I am just one person though so please know I can't help 200 ppl at once :) 

@machine6fd,

I commend you on your generosity and sense of community but

I think you may have just buried yourself by posting this thread.

I have a feeling you will be overwhelmed by people too lazy to do there own research into how things do and do not work.

I have seen this all to often, someone reaches out with offers of help for others only to be taken advantage of.

You should keep the help you give others in a public forum so the people who do actually need help can find assistance through the said forum.

GOOD LUCK

Thank you ZENITHOVMAN, I agree partly. I have so far helped 4 people get their issues fixed and none so far where the "to lazy to search" type. I do agree that the feedback needs to be placed on the forums to help others. I have been keeping track of the issues and will post a FAQ & answers on the forums of all issues we fix together  :)

@machine6fd,

I commend you on your generosity and sense of community but

I think you may have just buried yourself by posting this thread.

I have a feeling you will be overwhelmed by people too lazy to do there own research into how things do and do not work.

I have seen this all to often, someone reaches out with offers of help for others only to be taken advantage of.

You should keep the help you give others in a public forum so the people who do actually need help can find assistance through the said forum.

GOOD LUCK

Well said

Thank you ZENITHOVMAN, I agree partly. I have so far helped 4 people get their issues fixed and none so far where the "to lazy to search" type. I do agree that the feedback needs to be placed on the forums to help others. I have been keeping track of the issues and will post a FAQ & answers on the forums of all issues we fix together  :)

Good reply.

Hey :)

Thanks for the offer, here's one for ya!

I'm trying to do custom loadouts (like  which works, but has issues with fps and lag) but WITHOUT the 'whilst true' loop, as that is causing the script to keep repeating, dragging down server performance and spamming the scripts.log file :P

I've tried just adding the RESPAWN eventhandler without the while true loop, but then it simply doesn't work :(

I've just posted a thread about it here - any help would be super cool, but no stress if not ;) - 

Thanks in advance either way!

If anyone needs help setting up a server or fixing issues with their server I can help. I don't need/want anything in exchange. I just enjoy helping out. you can join my TS: 198.27.83.216:10029 poke me if you need help. If I'm not on ts try my steam: machine6fd 

Again I don't need anything in return just want to help. I am just one person though so please know I can't help 200 ppl at once :)

Here's one.

My server takes a while to load and I think it has something to do with this.

Any ideas?

15:52:15 "Epoch: Init Compiles"
15:52:15 Connected to Steam servers
15:52:15 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
15:52:15 "#SEM: Start Simple Epoch Missions"
15:52:15 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_init
15:52:15 "-- LOOTSPAWNER initialise ------------------------"
15:52:15 "Epoch: Starting ArmA3 Epoch Server, Version 0.2.5.2"
15:52:16 "Epoch: Init Variables"
15:52:16 Bad conversion: bool

Thanks for the offer, here's one for ya!

I'm trying to do custom loadouts (like  which works, but has issues with fps and lag) but WITHOUT the 'whilst true' loop, as that is causing the script to keep repeating, dragging down server performance and spamming the scripts.log file :P

I've tried just adding the RESPAWN eventhandler without the while true loop, but then it simply doesn't work :(

I've just posted a thread about it here - any help would be super cool, but no stress if not ;) - 

Thanks in advance either way!

@PetuniaEpoch

You first need to add the exception to blind battleeye so that it will stop logging the scripts and only accept them. The easy way... is to delete the line that is kicking/logging. The right way is to add the exceptions. Also that script looks to be setup to only run when a person spawns. What have you changed to make it loop? the one produkt posted looks to be the best version I would start there. Also I have played on his server and frame rate seemed to be fine. 

@Shreeden

The "Bad conversion: bool" has something to do with the server and the database... every server i have looked at so far has the same issue. How many mods/addons have you added to the server? Also are you using a custom epoch_server.pbo? I've seen people doing this to get past some epoch settings and i imagine there is an impact on the server they way they are going about it. Anyway list the mods / addons. 

@prone

You are welcome! :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Hmmm interesting - When I say looping, I mean it kept repeating over & over in the scripts.log and rcon chat, I thought (but MAY certainly be wrong!) that in this code:

if (!isServer) then {
    waitUntil {!isNull player};
    waitUntil {player == player};

while {true} do {
        _player = player;
        player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {

the while {true} do {

^^^ that part, I thought, was basically saying:

• If it's not a server (so is client machine) then
  • Wait until there's a player
  • Wait until the player is a player 
  • Then whilst this is true, do the following {  // addeventhandler here so loops whilst the above statements are true}

^^ Did I get something wrong there? (quite likely that I did misunderstand or get something wrong!).

This guy, _LR_KevsNoTrev, seemed to say the same I think too ()

But, looking at the above, you're saying it doesn't loop the whole (true) do {}  conditional, repeatedly adding the eventhandler? (if not, great!) :)

Thanks again for your help with this :)

@PetuniaEpoch

You first need to add the exception to blind battleeye so that it will stop logging the scripts and only accept them. The easy way... is to delete the line that is kicking/logging. The right way is to add the exceptions. Also that script looks to be setup to only run when a person spawns. What have you changed to make it loop? the one produkt posted looks to be the best version I would start there. Also I have played on his server and frame rate seemed to be fine. 

@Shreeden

The "Bad conversion: bool" has something to do with the server and the database... every server i have looked at so far has the same issue. How many mods/addons have you added to the server? Also are you using a custom epoch_server.pbo? I've seen people doing this to get past some epoch settings and i imagine there is an impact on the server they way they are going about it. Anyway list the mods / addons. 

@prone

You are welcome! :)

Thanks for offering to look at this!

I get the following, looping a LOT of times in the scripts.log file:

(Of course I've changes the steamid and IP for obvious reasons :))

if (getPlayerUID player in [""])"
28.12.2014 19:51:33: Mike (82.46.IPIPIP) xxxx - #26 "pon "ItemCompass";
player addWeapon "RangeFinder";
player addBackpack "B_Carryall_cbr";
player addVest "V_TacVest_camo";
player "
while {true} do
and

08.01.2015 17:22:37: Mike (82.4682.46.1IPIPIP) xxxx - #23 "dWeapon "srifle_EBR_F";
player addWeapon "MultiGun";
player addMagazine "EnergyPack";
player addMagazine "Repair_EPOCH";
player addM"
08.01.2015 17:22:37: Mike (82.46.1IPIPIP) xxxx - #25 "ack "B_Carryall_cbr";
player addItemToBackpack "FirstAidKit";
player addItemToVest "Repair_EPOCH";"
08.01.2015 17:22:37: Mike (82.46.18IPIPIP) xxxx - #26 "eapon "ItemCompass";
player addWeapon "RangeFinder";
player addBackpack "B_Carryall_cbr";
player ad"
08.01.2015 17:22:37: Mike (82.46.1IPIPIP) xxxx - #44 "2x51_Mag";
player addItemToBackpack "FirstAidKit";
player forceAddUniform "U_O_GhillieSuit";
EPOCH__unitEnergy = EPOCH__unitEnergy"
08.01.2015 17:22:40: Mike (82.46.1IPIPIP) xxxx - #20 "(_this select 0) execVM "\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_colors.sqf""

Hello machine6fd,

We bought server from vilayer.com but so far I've only done install epoch mod and BE thats all. Everything works good but I've found scripts here about missions and status bar so far couldnt install them in our server.

So please if you can help me figure this out I'd be appreciated that.

Thanks.

yup when you can join ts. if im not online send me a steam request: machine6fd :)

Hello machine6fd,

We bought server from vilayer.com but so far I've only done install epoch mod and BE thats all. Everything works good but I've found scripts here about missions and status bar so far couldnt install them in our server.

So please if you can help me figure this out I'd be appreciated that.

Thanks.

Okay well... hopefully you don't think I'm lazy. I have searched and researched how to be able to build in chernarus.. the city itself. Every time I try to build it says.. building disallowed... is there any way I can enable building in citys/towns?