Land vehicles occasionally stuck

Face

Issue: Sometimes, land vehicles seem to be "stuck" when attempting to drive them. The vehicles appear to be in perfect condition and fully fueled, and you can even see the RPM dial spin up on the dashboard in first person view, but pressing any directional key fails to move the vehicle or produce any engine sounds.

How to replicate: This issue seems to happen occasionally. A vehicle that appears stuck may become unstuck after vehicle repair parts/kits are used on the affected vehicle or after a server restart. A vehicle that is made "unstuck" after using repair parts/kits or a server restart doesn't seem to become stuck again during the same server session. After the next server restart, it may become stuck again.

I haven't found if this bug affects helicopters.

Possible cause of this issue could be the vehicle being spawned slightly underground on server start when vehicles are loaded. I remember a piece of DayZ mod code which set a tiny setVelocity on each spawned vehicle to give it a small upward push to prevent a similar issue.

Edit: Issue encountered with A3 1.36/Epoch 0.2.5.2 on a server hosted on my own PC.

Just checked again, a relog does indeed fix this. Some more details for any devs:

Vehicle used: HEMTT Transport Truck (Covered), although this bug can happen to any wheeled vehicle.

Before relog: Vehicle parked on paved road with two front-left wheels sticking into the curb. Vehicle is stuck and can't be driven.

After relog: Vehicle's two front-left wheels now appear on top of the curb as opposed to passing through it. Vehicle can now be driven normally.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the trick where you shoot it with your sidearm once.  That fixes it.  I'm guessing it's probably caused by the server not updating the enableSimulation process once a player gets close to it like it should.  It's been reported on the Feedback Tracker for a while now. Hopefully it will be fixed with the upcoming 1.38 Arma patch.