clients disconnect almost immediately upon connecting

DavyBravo

hello, im thinking this is because they dont have the proper addons installed and or missing addons completely.  if somebody would be so kind to try and log on to my server and tell me what they get, that would be awesome.  i am running AiA, latest epoch cherno and thats it ... the server is "VANILLA Spazoid Epoch Cherno w/missions w/treasure w/3 day lock" ... thank you for your time

p.s. this is not attempt at getting people on ... ha i dont have that problem ... just get lots and lots of disconnects

EDIT:  nevermind, its the clients without addons or something ... someone joined just a sec ago no problems ... it amazes me how many people try and jump on servers they cant play because they are unaware of the mods ... thanks for your help anyways.

Yea have had pretty much everyone connect/disconnect today except for me and 1 other guy.... total in all around 70 people that tried to connect and failed.  Eight people were kicked by Battleye for not responding so I figure until this Epoch is mainstream alot of players wont know how to install it correctly.

I have alot of this ... Players not knowing what to use or have to play A3 Epoch ..  TRY THIS ..

1, Download A3Launcher           http://a3launcher.com/   follow the install instructions

2 add  Epoch 0.2.5.2 mod , ( Cherno or A2 Maps) add allinarmamappack mod 

3 Look for a server and play ... If for some reason you have not installed a mod for the server you have picked to play A3launcher tells you and offers you to download 

So NO reason anyone should not get to Play A3 Epoch NOW  !!

• 3 weeks later...

Depends, if you're running Infistar it will.

Hey Havoc, if you mean the patch check, I think he took that out..

Or, did you mean something else? I also have a lot of disconnects 3-7 seconds after connecting and am just checking to see if it's something I'm doing wrong..

• 2 months later...

Does the reason for them getting disconnected show up in logs anywhere or can it be added if it doesn't? I would say 80% of the people that try to connect get disconnected right away, I am running epoch without mas or the terrain pack. I wonder if most people have the terrain pack installed when trying to connect to Altis.