#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

BIS_fnc_findSafePos is a standard BIS function that can not be changed directly.
But it is possible to send wrong arguments to this function, which can cause errors in the script.

Spawning an additional unit should not be neccessary, just take one of the units from the group.

@Ducky

For testing set "_debug = true;" in the file "initMissions.sqf" and for bug reports attach the RPT to Your post (rename it to ###.rpt.txt or zip it).

Greez KiloSwiss

Hi All,

I'm having some difficulty with scripting and this has been the only place I've received any help thus far. This is a little random and I apologize, but would someone be willing to schedule some time to meet with me on TS to help walk a fellow gamer/software/hardware enthusiast through scripting? As always, I would greatly appreciate the help and respect your time. 

If you're willing, please shoot me a PM. I would simply give our TS, but we have a few members that I rather not annoy you :P. 

@KiloSwiss did u check the getWorldData???

Hey ducky can You please open the file "fn_getWorldData.sqf" and copy the code at the bottom, open the Island panthera in the editor, paste The code into the debug console and after executing, paste (CTRL+V) the result here or in a PM.

For the world Data function, it is working fine, but the findMissionPos function did not interpret the values correctly.

I updated the file, this fix will be implemented in the next update:

//Lines 10 and 11 of "fn_findMissionPos.sqf"
_searchRadius = if(_worldRadius > 0 then[{(_worldRadius/2)*0.9 max 3000},{-1}];
_blockRadius = if(_worldRadius > 0 then[{_searchRadius/5 max 500},{500}];
Add this fix and test it again on Panthera please.

Greez KiloSwiss

Im getting this error now?? any ideas

19:30:00   Error position: <_pos, [], 10, 'NO_COLLIDE'];
sleep 0.1;
>
19:30:00   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
19:30:00 File sem\scripts\ai\fn_spawnAI.sqf, line 16
19:30:00 Error in expression <{
_group createUnit ['I_Soldier_EPOCH', _pos, [], 10, 'NO_COLLIDE'];
sleep 0.1;
>

Ducky please respond to my posts and if You have an error, upload the whole rpt including the file(s) You edited.

I'm no longer at my PC but I will check the files tomorrow.

@Xatu

Please wait until I have this issue fixed and postet an update, and/or try the temporary fix I postet above, in my last post and report back if it works.

Greez KiloSwiss

_previousPos = _this select 0;
_worldRadius = (_this select 1) select 0;
_worldCenterPos = (_this select 1) select 1;

_dir = random 360;
_posX = (_worldCenterPos select 0) + sin (_dir) * (_searchRadius*0.9);
_posY = (_worldCenterPos select 1) + cos (_dir) * (_searchRadius*0.9);
_searchPos = [_posX, _posY, 0];

Sorry i´m a Noob :) Is that right ? 

i testing it atm but 5 min are over and nothing happend 

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

If people want to help, they should set _debug to true and they should also be able to read logfiles and attach them correctly to their posts.

Admins hosting a Early Alpha Mod, not knowing the simple basics of a ArmA Server or how to do helpfull bug reports but constantly spamming the threads in this forum with their bullshit is not helping at all (not only speaking for me, but many other who release their scripts here).

Sorry if I sound pissed but I expected more of this community!

Back-2-topic:

I really try to get my hands on a PC when ever I can, but currently RL has top priority.

Today I only had 20 minutes to work on the next update and fixes.

Be patient guys.

Thanks for your hard work Kilo, take your time. I can't wait till the AI actually become non static when players attack. As of right now I feel like it's too easy, I just spectated a player that was about 400m away snipe a bunch with no return fire. He then drove to about 250m away from them and shot another with only one of them returning fire, then he proceeded to just run them over.

@rsxownes

Exactly, I want to get rid of that "sitting duck" AI and finally start to create new (static and dynamic) missions.

@Ducky

That's great, can You share it with others here please, people like Xatu would probably want to know how You fixed it, so they don't have to wait for me.

Greez KiloSwiss

I went give a full tut cause I like to see people work it out for themselves and also I like to see when they have finished it it gives them more self accomplishment so

@xatu

Ok my only advice is that in fn_getWorldData.sqf there is a variable named _worldRadius have a look at it and the last number is the radius also look at the bottom of the fn_world get data that tells u how to work out the world data thats all I'm gunna say enjoy :)

And @kiloswiss I removed the lines in fnmissionpos that u sent me because they broke it for some reason dunno why??

//Lines 10 and 11 of "fn_findMissionPos.sqf"

If You get no Marker, You messed something up with the init.sqf

Follow the install instructions step by step and check the client RPT for errors.

btw.

Attaching a file to Your post does not mean, to upload it to some hoster, where a free user has to wait 30s and enter a damn captcha to download a ~210KB file...

Greez KiloSwiss