EXTdb redis

JohnnyE

Question

Im looking to host an epoch mod server.

I run an arma 3 wasteland server thats rented but not on a dedicated machine.So i only have access to FTP only.

I also have a spare 2 core server dedicated box rented which is obviously not powerful enough to run another arma 3 server.

I want to run epoch on a rented server with FTP access only but im trying to figure out how i can save the DB on my dedicated box to point to it seperately .

How can i achieve this ?

Cheers

5 answers to this question

Im looking to host an epoch mod server.

I run an arma 3 wasteland server thats rented but not on a dedicated machine.So i only have access to FTP only.

I also have a spare 2 core server dedicated box rented which is obviously not powerful enough to run another arma 3 server.

I want to run epoch on a rented server with FTP access only but im trying to figure out how i can save the DB on my dedicated box to point to it seperately .

How can i achieve this ?

Cheers

I wouldn't recommend going that route. What if the box that's hosting the DB fails or becomes unreachable due to a connection issue? Then your epoch server is running but nothing is getting saved to it. Plus there's performance/latency issues to consider as well. I'd keep the server and DB on the same physical box.

Ok thanks,im getting this issue upon joining our test server.Box opens up

you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted.a3_epoch_config

Tried joining other epoch servers and wont let me join them.

Do i need to download additional files into my steam directory?

I have dragged the folders @epoch and @epochhive into my server folder (where my arma3server exe is located).

Do I also need to drag the epochmod into my steam common arma 3 folder on my client side pc)?

I downloaded the epoch-mod-v0252rc1 from armaholic,I gather that's the latest one?