[SUGGESTION]: Include server FPS dialogs in RPT file

Darth_Rogue

Please consider adding server FPS dialogs to the RPT file for a future release.  This was really handy in A2 Epoch, as it gave admins a quick and easy way to keep an eye on their server FPS.  ASM works ok but it crashes Arma if you leave it running while the server is shut down, for instance during an automated BEC restart.  I posted a bug report in the Armaholic forums and the response was that I should write a batch file to shut down ASM prior to the server shutting down and then restart it afterwards.  Really?!  Like I need yet another batch file to manage?  The FPS report in the A2 Epoch RPT file was there if you need it, but not always in your face, and was simple to access without worrying about issues with other apps.  

i think this is agly... and u can see the fps in the debugmonitor...

That is client side FPS on the debug monitor. He is wanting server side FPS.

If you are in game and want to quickly see your server's FPS, login as admin and then type #monitor and the seconds you would like it to report back i.e. #monitor 5

That is client side FPS on the debug monitor. He is wanting server side FPS.

If you are in game and want to quickly see your server's FPS, login as admin and then type #monitor and the seconds you would like it to report back i.e. #monitor 5

Yeah I've used that before too.  It's just a pain to have it clutter up the screen.  Then you have to enter another command to turn it off.  Guess I'm just lazy.  lol!

then kill the task on restarts and start it again?

Currently I use the #shutdown command in BEC to stop my servers.  So to get around the crashing issue and kill the ASM task I'd have to write a new batch file to kill the ASM task prior to BEC issuing the #shutdown command to the servers.  Then I'd have to add the ASM startup line to my server restart batch.  Can it be done?  Absolutely.  But having the FPS shown in the RPT would allow the information to be there without having another program window open and having to manage multiple batch files to do something that could be consolidated into another place that I check frequently already.  I'm all about efficiency.  lol!

Honestly I don't know.  Haven't tested it yet.  I had planned on doing that though.  But I thought I should suggest it here to the devs so everyone can benefit from having it as part of the stock Epoch package.  At least if it were an option that could be enabled/disabled in the config that would be great.  

And for the record, I went the route of the batch files tonight.  I created a batch to do a taskkill on the asm process which was initiated via BEC scheduler.  The process was scheduled to shut down 10 seconds before the server shutdown.  And then I added the asm startup line to my server restart batch to restart ASM after server startup.  Well....the server still crashes upon exiting, despite the ASM process already being closed.  Apparently the asm dll isn't being unloaded from memory along with the shutdown of the ASM process itself, which is likely what's causing the crash.    Regardless, I won't be running ASM anymore and my request for server FPS to be written to the server RPT still stands.   B)