A couple weapon notes.

Quadrono

Just to set the record straight, I am a 46 year old American male.  I have been firing, owning and collecting military small arms since I was 8 years old (that's from 1976 for those who are counting).  I am NOT some tween millenia hipster who only knows what they learned in COD: Modern Warfare 16.

That said, the guns in Epoch, especially the custom ones, are A-MA-ZING.  The model and skin on the M249 is extremely well done.

A couple notes, not complaints, not saying OMG CHANGE THIS NOW!, just for info and consideration.

1) The M107 rifle fires from a 10 round magazine.  Not sure if this is changeable without adding a new mag type.  Can you mod it to allow 2 Lynx mags to be used in tandem?  Not sure, not a coder.

2) When a sound suppressor is attached to the M14 rifles it attaches to the tip of the flash suppressor currently.  It should attach at the front of the front sight assembly, completely covering the flash suppressor.  Actually adding a suppressor would require removing the front sight assembly completely and adding a custom flash suppressor or muzzle brake mount, but that would mean you could not use the rifle without an optic.

3) Sound Suppressors in general are WAY too long (the exception being the 6.5 LMG suppressor which is perfect).  Suppressors have gotten much shorter in the last decade.  See the AAC M4-2000, 762 SD-N6 or the SilencerCo Saker line.  I know these are standard Arma art assets currently.

4) The m1911 and ACP-C2 are the exact same pistol, firing the exact same cartridge.  You have separate magazines for each, you could delete one of the them to clean up the weapons pbo file.  A small thing, just something I noticed in the wiki.

5)  There is a magazine repacking script in use on some A3Wasteland servers, check it out, it rocks.  Much more elegant a solution than the current means of selling almost empty mags to the vendor and buying them back full.

6) This is a personal request, add an FN-FAL.  thx.

Again, this is a great start to a great mod, please dont take these points as me being dissatisfied at all, I am loving it and my buddies in [TACX] are too.  Keep up the good work.

'murica.

i do believe the m107 will get its own mag and ammo in the future... the lynx ammo is just a filler for now. i do like the ammo repack idea it sucks when you run around for a while and you have like 5 half used mags. in arma 2 you just had to put that ammo in your backpack and the arma gods would fill them for you over a restart haha

Just to set the record straight, I am a 46 year old American male.  I have been firing, owning and collecting military small arms since I was 8 years old (that's from 1976 for those who are counting).  I am NOT some tween millenia hipster who only knows what they learned in COD: Modern Warfare 16.

That said, the guns in Epoch, especially the custom ones, are A-MA-ZING.  The model and skin on the M249 is extremely well done.

A couple notes, not complaints, not saying OMG CHANGE THIS NOW!, just for info and consideration.

1) The M107 rifle fires from a 10 round magazine.  Not sure if this is changeable without adding a new mag type.  Can you mod it to allow 2 Lynx mags to be used in tandem?  Not sure, not a coder.

Already stated by one of the Devs that the use of the 12.7 is only temporary for the 107. It will have its own mag down the road. 

5)  There is a magazine repacking script in use on some A3Wasteland servers, check it out, it rocks.  Much more elegant a solution than the current means of selling almost empty mags to the vendor and buying them back full.

I hope they do introduce something along this line. It would be nice to even use rounds form one mag for another gun of the same caliber to reload your mag. 

6) This is a personal request, add an FN-FAL.  thx.

Again, this is a great start to a great mod, please dont take these points as me being dissatisfied at all, I am loving it and my buddies in [TACX] are too.  Keep up the good work.

As a 43 yr old male who has been shooting since I was 5, I agree with Quadrono, the level of detail the devs put into the weapons and other items is amazing and it is the top reason at the moment that I enjoy this mod.  If you guys haven't watched any of the twitch streams with the devs doing their work, I urge you all to take the time and watch sometime if you haven't already.

As a 43 yr old male who has been shooting since I was 5, I agree with Quadrono, the level of detail the devs put into the weapons and other items is amazing and it is the top reason at the moment that I enjoy this mod.  If you guys haven't watched any of the twitch streams with the devs doing their work, I urge you all to take the time and watch sometime if you haven't already.

Watching Sequisha and Kiory stream while they build models....I have absolutely no idea what they're doing lol but the end result is fantastic  :)

Watching Sequisha and Kiory stream while they build models....I have absolutely no idea what they're doing lol but the end result is fantastic  :)

Since i have a little bit of experience in cinema 4D and know the basics of modeling, i really want to learn 3ds max. Watched, i think it was kiory's stream while he modeled the m249. I wanna do this too!!! :) If i only had the time and patience to learn a new program plus the knowledge of the requirements, exporting a model for games (arma). Maybe it is even possible to model in C4D....who knows :)

What i supposed to say: Thumbs up for the modeling job!!! :)