AttachTo & Other restrictions [Kicked by Battleye]

JohnyMST

Question

Hi,

Is there some hotfix to get rid of all of the errors and kicks from server?

So far I found many issues while attaching for example a Bus to SUV - I got kicked with restriction #12

Then my buddy tried to lift a boat with heli, he got kicked with restriction #10...

2 questions:
How can I completely remove Lift option from my server.

How can I fix the errors while towing specific vehicles (such as my example above with the bus)

Most vehicles are OK but there are still some that players get kicked for...

I have also changed my code in battleye setpos.txt from "5" to "1" - fixed some of them but still some left.

Thanks for help!

6 answers to this question

I don't use tow & lift as I think it takes too much away from the game and makes things just to easy. The people who play on my server enjoy having to work for things a bit more

So I guess I can't really comment on much T&L, but script kicks are usually easy to fix by just looking at the relevant BE file.

IE if you getting attachto kicks then look at your "attachto.txt" BE file on the stated line.

(pls note that things commented out "//" etc will throw the numbering off and these lines can just be removed anyway)

IE if your attachto.txt has a line like this 

5 "Ikarus"

then it is going to kick you for attaching it to an SUV

Those kicks are most likely from the attachto.txt restrictions.

Have you downloaded the latest battleye files ? (They come with the updates) https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/Server%20Files/Battleye

Are you  using: http://opendayz.net/threads/release-preconfigured-r3f-logistics-towing-and-heli-lift.13743/ ? If so just remove / comment out the line in your init.sqf that runs it

//[] execVM "addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"; 

I don't use tow & lift as I think it takes too much away from the game and makes things just to easy. The people who play on my server enjoy having to work for things a bit more

So I guess I can't really comment on much T&L, but script kicks are usually easy to fix by just looking at the relevant BE file.

IE if you getting attachto kicks then look at your "attachto.txt" BE file on the stated line.

(pls note that things commented out "//" etc will throw the numbering off and these lines can just be removed anyway)

IE if your attachto.txt has a line like this 

5 "Ikarus"

then it is going to kick you for attaching it to an SUV

So basically I just need to change 5 to 1 on each line in the attachTo.txt  to avoid being kicked for something?

That will do it. A safer way is to add an exception for the file that is causing the kick and add an exception for that file. That way you are not allowing any script to use that command.

At a guess from the Lift code I would add:

!"addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_deplace.sqf"

to the end of the line that is causing the kick. Check your attachto.log, it will tell you the file and section that is being matched to the restriction.

Basically battleye is just matching text strings from the .txt files and looking for them being executed, if it finds a match it logs the block of text around the match and does the kick / log command (number) from the start of the line..

Also this way you won't fill up your log files, some scripts can run in loops causing masses of log entries to build up, will cause lag on busy / any servers..

Other files that use an attachTo command are:

addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\heliporteur\heliporter.sqf

addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\objet_deplacable\deplacer.sqf

addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\remorqueur\remorquer_deplace.sqf

addons\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\transporteur\charger_selection.sqf