BEC Unable to Connect

Ghostrider-GRG

Question

I am trying to set up a server on my client machine and am have bee scratching my head to find what is probably a silly mistake that has been preventing BEC from connecting to the BattlEye server.  I would really appreciate any suggestions as to how to fix this.

My command line:

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=E:\Arma3Server\SC\config.cfg  -port=2352 -profiles=SC -cfg=E:\Arma3Server\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC  -malloc=system

My BEC config.cfg

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2352
BePath = E:\Arma3Server\SC\BattlEye
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml
LogDir = Server1

[Misc]
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml
AsciiChatOnly = True
IgnoreChatChars = £€זרו
ConsoleColor = 1D
ConsoleHeight = 30
ConsoleWidth = 160
Timeout = 90
KickLobbyIdlers = 500

my be log:

20:55:26 : Starting plugin : WatchDog V.0.16
20:55:26 : Creating watchdog for admin file...
20:55:26 : Creating watchdog for command file...
20:55:26 : Creating watchdog for BE filter files...
20:55:32 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
20:55:36 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
20:55:40 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!
20:55:44 : Lost Connection!
20:55:44 : Closing socket & exiting!

BEServer_active_2d53.cfg

RConPassword  [removed]
MaxPing 350

10 answers to this question

Liam,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I modified the command line as shown below. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

start "arma3" "arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=E:\Arma3Server\SC\config.cfg  -port=2352 -profiles=SC -cfg=E:\Arma3Server\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC  -malloc=system -BEpath=E:\Arma3Server\SC\BattlEye

Best,

Ghost

Liam,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I modified the command line as shown below. Unfortunately it did not fix the issue.

Best,

Ghost

I think command line is case sensitive but I just looked at my command line again and its BEPath= but that should not really matter with it being windows server.

Here is my command line just for reference with some information taken out:

-noPause -noSound -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; -config=C:\"Information Removed"\SC\config.cfg -ip= Information Removed -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\"Information Removed"\SC\basic.cfg -name=SC "-BEPath=C:\"Information Removed"\BattlEye"

Your command line matches mine but I have some changes since its a dedicated server.

Regards,

Liam Benfield

Swiftnode.net

Bump.

Still having issues - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Still not working, Its worth a try but change the ip= to your server ip and see if that connects then, thats all I can think of at the moment if every file is in the correct places.

Regards,

Liam Benfield

Swiftnode.net

Got it working finally after deleting everything in the directory I use for the server and starting from scratch. I found two issues.

I had a folder in the directory from which the server is hosted into which I had installed BEC which had minimal configuration files which may have led to some missdirection as to where everything was located.

2) I had not used the detailed config.cfg file provided with the epoch0.2.5.1 server files and present in a config folder included in the server files package.

Thank you again Liam and 1Man for your suggestions.