Buildingsystem

Arno Nym

Hopefully the add more building objects and the guys who did Snap pro implement it in A3.

It's the weak point of the mod right now in it's current state in my opinion.

Seems that if you want to build on any ground that isn't perfectly level you need foundations.  

I'm not sure if the foundations can be raised/lowered into the ground yet as I haven't played in a while since the release of the files.

ok guys yeah the new build system is tricky but once you get the hang of it you can build some pretty nice bases...

im starting to make a youtube series on epoch base building i hope to pop out the first few videos this week to cover the basics and then maybe one or 2 more to go more indepth with designs...

heres a link to my first vid 

not much building in this one but you get i quick tour of a base i built on my server

One of the problems with the building system is that you are very limited when it comes to sealing off existing map buildings. The walls and doors are larger than fit in many buildings and the buildings cause issues with the items. This could be fixed with the introduction of buildables that were designed more for sealing off buildings and less for starting from scratch. 

Now I know you can blow up map buildings, but you can blow up buildables also so no bid deal. But instead of having to build an entire base, you could start with just an existing map building and seal it off. 

@JohnyMST:

First thanks for the video, but i think you doesn't have understand the snaping mode, because the foundation you build doesnt snap in the video :)

and all what i see is that you build a lot of the things in "free mode" instead of snapmode.

Try the same building in the right snapmode and it won't look like yours

Then the stairs, you says "perfect" i see the bouncing and not even fit perfect, and you use the false stairacse beause this one only for roofs (Suppe has told us that)

Answer one question:

How can your wall fall down on one side, after you bild an flat underground with foundations?

ok guys yeah the new build system is tricky but once you get the hang of it you can build some pretty nice bases...

im starting to make a youtube series on epoch base building i hope to pop out the first few videos this week to cover the basics and then maybe one or 2 more to go more indepth with designs...

heres a link to my first vid 

not much building in this one but you get i quick tour of a base i built on my server

My first question is: your frequency jammer is very easy to get to and your base hasnt been destroyed. low population server?

My first question is: your frequency jammer is very easy to get to and your base hasnt been destroyed. low population server?

how is the jammer easy to get to. it behind a minimum of 2 large metal doors and 2 small metal doors (not to mention the perimiter wall). each of the walls around it is also several cinder walls thick. i tested this in construction and it would take a mininum of 8 sachels to get to my jammer in that base and thats if you know eactly what walls/doors to ake out to get to it... n a low pop server? its my server. i said in the video im running a private instance on my pc for making this tuorial series. ill be making the next video later today. and get stuck into how to build properly. and securly.

@JohnyMST:

First thanks for the video, but i think you doesn't have understand the snaping mode, because the foundation you build doesnt snap in the video :)

and all what i see is that you build a lot of the things in "free mode" instead of snapmode.

Try the same building in the right snapmode and it won't look like yours

Then the stairs, you says "perfect" i see the bouncing and not even fit perfect, and you use the false stairacse beause this one only for roofs (Suppe has told us that)

Answer one question:

How can your wall fall down on one side, after you bild an flat underground with foundations?

I actually upgraded those stairs because I'm planning on moving upwards with another floor. I wanted the stairs this way.

Yes I know they bounce and don't fit "perfect" in arma 2 snapping sense BUT I believe it is perfect for Arma 3 snapping mode.

As you can see, all of the parts were build with option 1 on my keyboard which is Snap.

I can't figure out how to place a foundation snapped to another one - can you tell me how?

Thanks!

As you can see, all of the parts were build with option 1 on my keyboard which is Snap.

I can't figure out how to place a foundation snapped to another one - can you tell me how?

Thanks!

right you are in build mode 1 but still not snapping

watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh_Sp2zH9Xw#t=69and you will see, that the foundation have space between the next one

right you are in build mode 1 but still not snapping

watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh_Sp2zH9Xw#t=69and you will see, that the foundation have space between the next one

Hmm not sure, the foundation just wouldn't snap for me. It seems to be working great in the video.

Can you translate and explain what he is saying? I will try he's method later.