BEC and A3

CMDR. Taco

I have BEC working fine on my Overpoch servers, but with the A3 Epoch it is stuck on "Waiting for server startup". If I use the --dsc, it will eventually connect fine. I really don't want to use it that way because the --dsc option disables the reporter account. I'm not sure what the issue could be, I don't think it's a firewall/network issue since the other servers work fine. I've tried both the loopback and actual IP address of the server. The reporter account information is correct.

make sure you have this:

ServerExeName = arma3server.exe

Yep, I have that. It makes me think there's something with the reporter account, since it will connect using the --dsc option, but the account works fine on my other servers. I does take it a few minutes to connect to the server with the --dsc option once it goes through the watchdog plugin.

I have the same problem. Exept that it doesn´t work either when i set the --dsc parameter. BEC creates no logs when i start it without --dsc. It just waits for the server until timeout.

When i use --dsc it creates a "BeLog" file. But only on the first startup. The BEC console shows "Please wait... Connecting to the Server when the Timeout has expired!" and notifies me about the creation of the "watchdogs".

I´m also very confused about the "BattlEye" folder in the "SC" directory of the server right now. Should this be used as primary Battleye folder for ArmA (BEpatch parameter), Epoch (EpochServer.ini setting) and BEC (Config setting)? Or do i need to use the "battleye" folder in the server root directory? 

I´ve tried both by now but i get the same results. The .exe name and port is correct and i´m executing BEC as administrator...

Can anyone help me in this regard?

EDIT: Fixed after i removed the ip from start parameters  <_<

put ip in startup as outside ip.

put ip in bec config as that very same ip.

check ports are same. (default 2302).

check you set password in beserver.cfg in SC/Battleye (i hope you renamed the file to beserver.cfg)

check bec/config/config.cfg for that password.

If you can connect through rcon, then you should be able to connect with BEC.

I´m also very confused about the "BattlEye" folder in the "SC" directory of the server right now. Should this be used as primary Battleye folder for ArmA (BEpatch parameter), Epoch (EpochServer.ini setting) and BEC (Config setting)? Or do i need to use the "battleye" folder in the server root directory?

yes, all bepath and battleyefolder variables should be set to the battleye folder with your filters and config, eg SC/Battleye by default.

Good luck